Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Technology Innovation ArchitectPrimary Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Downers Grove, PA-Blue Bell, TX-Dallas, TX-Irving Apply
Hartford, CT, Blue Bell, PA, Downers Grove & Buffalo Grove,IL, Florham Park, NJ, Richardson, TX
As the Technology Innovation Architect, you will be a key contributor to developing strategy and driving technology enabled innovation across the enterprise based on research and exploration of emerging technologies. As part of the dedicated technology innovation team within the office of the CTO, you will be responsible for proactively fostering an innovative culture across the enterprise through continuous exploration of emergent technologies and disruptive trends, fostering partnerships with innovative teams and external entities, and providing technology thought leadership to business executives and IT leadership. You will be responsible for publication of strategic points of view defining the impact of evolving and disruptive technology themes on markets and business strategy, facilitating ideation around the use of new and existing technologies in novel and unique ways, and development of strategic design patterns for incubation and transformation teams. Evolving themes stem from a wide range of technologies including digitization, intelligent business process automation, artificial intelligence, blockchain, internet of things, natural language and immersive interfaces, and hybrid cloud.
In this role, you will influence business owners, technical leaders, solution architects and integration architects in achieving CVS Health strategic goals by enabling the use of cutting-edge technologies to solve previously unsolved business challenges.
You will also partner with other enterprise innovation teams, start-ups, vendor, and university research arms to accelerate innovation at CVS health. You will also partner with other enterprise architects, solution architects, security and infrastructure teams during the pilot implementations of emerging technologies and be primarily responsible for validating conceptual architectures, guiding teams on the design and devising strategies to integrate with other CVS Health enterprise systems. You will serve as an integral partner, guiding application teams to adopt newer technologies to create disruptive and transformational breakthroughs that create new growth opportunities, competitive business services and result in delightful customer experiences.
You will develop integrated views of company’s business capabilities and processes using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques. You will also inform enterprise decisions, roadmaps and planning for investment in improved or new capabilities, helping determine what capabilities the enterprise must develop to satisfy its customers, compete in a market, manage its vendors, and improve operations.
Additionally, you will provide consulting services, including practices, expertise, and resources to tackle business challenges and help identify and manage needed improvements using emerging technologies including identification of new or improved business capabilities.
Background Experience: *Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 16 years of IT experience and experience in an enterprise architect role for a Fortune 100 Company, with demonstrated experience in developing and applying architecture blueprints and aligning projects to enterprise standards and business solutions.
- Experience with unstructured text analytics, cognitive search, voice/natural language processing, computer vision, AR/VR, and other AI related emerging concepts and technologies.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Experience with Hybrid cloud platforms with working knowledge and/or certification on AWS, Azure or Google cloud platform.
- Mastery of design considerations for high volume transaction systems along with integration and middleware technologies.
- Knowledge of modern web technologies and mobile computing highly desirable.
- Knowledge of blockchain frameworks such as Ethereum and Hyperledger highly desirable.
- Exposure to Big data and Hadoop ecosystem desirable.
- Exposure to Agile and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE) desirable.
- Strategic-level business understanding and thought leadership in defining forward looking technology strategy that aligns with corporate strategy. A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities.
- Must demonstrate technical leadership, be able to turn vision into action, drive outcomes, and promote common goals and actions.
- Healthcare experience is a significant plus
*Preferred Qualifications - T shaped IT professional with depth of knowledge in a few areas and breadth of knowledge in many areas.
-Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to lead complex enterprise teams through intelligent business process automation, converting business strategy into action-oriented objectives and measurable results.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations.
- Ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and IT maturity constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and initiatives, IT strategy and initiatives, and benefit realization.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others and move toward consensus.
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities. Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation.
- Ability to multi-task and rapid context switch between various technology research and innovation activities.
- Ability to assess the impact of architecture changes on the business, application relationships and information flow.
- Experience researching groundbreaking, cutting edge technologies and drive innovation to address business needs and making recommendations to senior IT and business leaders based on applicability.
- Complete understanding of the software development lifecycle - must have participated on many projects through their complete life cycles (requirements, design, development, launch).
- Strong ability to facilitate collaboration among senior technical team members and senior business leaders
- Strong organizational, leadership and consensus building skills; ability to inspire and lead teams in matrix organization.
Anticipates and solves highly complex problems with broad impact on a business area.
Progression to this level is typically restricted.
Required Skills: Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Technology - Promoting Emerging Technology Desired Skills: Leadership - Driving Change, Technology - Creating Technology Partnerships, Technology - Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.