Operations and Support Informatics AnalystPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, IL-Downers Grove, PA-Cranberry Apply
- Provide operational and production support for web applications, databases, reports, dashboards and data processes.
- Use your innovation skills to automate manual processes and eliminate manual jobs.
- Implement Robot Process Automation (RPA)
- Perform Quality Assurance (QA) to ensure the best outcomes for our business partners and end users.
Multiple positions with varying skill sets are available.
- Performs operational and production support on varied healthcare applications, databases, processes, reports and dashboards.
- Uses data to evaluate programs and product solutions using healthcare medical, pharmacy, lab, survey and utilization data.
- Codes efficiently using SAS/SQL and other programs.
- Extracts data from multiple sources and creates integrated analytic datasets and creates reports and studies to address business and research questions.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to solve business problems.
- Executes univariate and multivariate statistical analyses and interprets results in the context of the business problem or question.
- Conducts periodic updates of analytical routines and department production systems Investigates and evaluates alternative solutions to meeting business needs.
- Participates in presentations and consultations to constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Documents methods, specifications and findings clearly; contributes to writing and presentation of results, findings and conclusions.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Manages personal resources efficiently to complete assigned projects accurately and on time
- Participates in the development of project plans and timelines.
- Responsible for commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
- Motivated and is willing to understand and probe into technical details and data irregularities.
- Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences.
- 3+ years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of other reporting platforms such as: Business Objects, Tableau, web development technology C#.NET), big data analytics, data mining, Visual Basic.Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
- Experience in statistical analysis and database management.
- Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Strong knowledge of health care claims, products, and systems.Solid Understanding of complex databases.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Social Science, Healthcare or related discipline.
Multiple positions available for persons with:
- SQL and SAS programming skills
- Business Objects reporting Additional Job Information: Required Skills: Technology - Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture, Technology - Developing Software Solutions, Technology - Leveraging Technology Desired Skills: Technology - Promoting Emerging Technology, Technology - Selecting and Applying Technology Solutions Functional Skills: Information Technology - Application development, Information Technology - Application maintenance & support, Information Technology - Data / info management & architecture, Information Technology - Release & resource management, Information Technology - Testing Technology Experience: Database - DB2, Database - Microsoft SQL Server, Development Language - SQL, Reporting Tool - Business Objects, Reporting Tool - SAS Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.