Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Architect AdvisorPrimary Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, IL-Downers Grove, MA-Burlington, PA-Blue Bell Apply
As an Architect Advisor, you will be a key influencer to both business and technology teams by assessing business opportunities and challenges, evaluating existing technology solutions and exploring technology solutions across the business landscape. Exposure to broad business, technology and organizational requirements will be invaluable for those candidates who are looking to expand their business and technology leadership and impact
62830Fundamental Components: Engage with internal business partners and other stakeholders to understand business opportunities and effectively elicit project requirements. Establish core technology expectations with business and IT stakeholders Research both existing and new technology solutions. Coordinate exploration, evaluation and selection of appropriate technology solutions to drive targeted business outcomes Influence the development of a technology lifecycle management process. Implement and drive the adoption of this robust process across business and technology Participate and lead cross functional discussions with vendors, business units and technology teams to understand vendor solutions and determine the technical appropriateness, integration with CVS Health/Aetna, risks and business fit of specific solutions. Evaluate, build consensus and arbitrate architecture, infrastructure and applications integration options and considerations Background Experience:
- Be a demonstrated leader in driving Information Technology as an enabler for business success
- Communicate and collaborate in an outcome centric style at all levels of the organization
- Be proactive and self-directed while influencing colleagues to achieve cross-functional alignment
- Thrive in a fast-paced, growth environments
- Build creditability of a team and within the Office of the CTO
- Demonstrate varying levels of knowledge of web, mobile and multi-platform and hybrid architecture
- Assist with technology-related Requests for Information (RFI) or Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Understanding current and future trends in Information Technology
- Deal comfortably with risk and ambiguity, changing course when needed
- Great proactive communication skills, communicates openly and honestly with all colleagues
- Demonstrate strong writing skills to develop analysis work products, white papers, and responses to organizational queries on technology
- Well versed across the Technology Spectrum and the ability to lead through vision, conviction and technical mastery
- Ability to formulate and drive technology research and selection
- Drive your gravitas to earn the respect and cooperation of your colleagues
- IT delivery or development experience at some point in the career is required
- Have some level of program/project management experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.