Actuarial ConsultantPrimary Location: Dover, Delaware
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, DE-Dover, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, KS-Overland Park, PA-Blue Bell Apply
- May assist with small group / PEO (Professional Employer Organizations) support for New England, New Jersey, Great Lakes, Arizona and Minnesota.
- Partner with Product to optimize benefit plan portfolios by assessing plan performance, developing compliant benefit relativities and AVs, and consulting on the impact of benefit/cost sharing changes.
- Partner with Finance and other market partners to develop Plan/Forecast projections, analyze monthly results, and understand impacts of risk adjustment and membership changes.
- Develop rate filings and understand/support associated regulatory requirements.
- Understand competitive positioning/intelligence and use to influence product and pricing strategies.
- Assist with reserve analysis, including setting and tracking large claim accruals.
- Support ad hoc benefit/cost sharing pricing requests.
61818Fundamental Components: Leadership:
- Manage personal resources efficiently to complete projects, Exhibit innovative use of resources.
- Provide input into decision making process.
- May mentor intern or new employee. Facilitate training and development opportunities.
Product & Business Knowledge:
- Demonstrate understanding of assumptions and the process used to develop them. Incorporate understanding of data sources in the recommendation and implementation of appropriate business decisions.
- Demonstrate understanding of intradepartmental products, programs, processes and policies; research problems and issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of regulatory compliance issues.
Risk Analysis & Management:
- Work with supervisor to understand the nature of specific risks. Analyze data and present preliminary conclusions to supervisors.
- Compile and analyze filing data. Prepare and submit necessary exhibits for regulatory filings.
- Use of Technology- Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems.
- Maintenance & Enhancements- Maintain and develop enhancements to processes, tools and systems. Make suggestions to maximize efficiency.
Communication, Collaboration & Constituents:
- Constituent Focus- Participate in multi-functional workgroups.
- Verbal & Written Communication- Respond to routine inquiries and provide support in responding to moderately complex constituent inquiries in an accurate and timely manner. Create and maintain accurate documentation and help develop training materials for tools and processes.
- Interaction with Constituents- Collaborate with internal constituents.
Background Experience: Bachelor's degree along with 2+ year(s) work experience
Prior healthcare experience preferred
Candidate desired will have passed actuarial exams
Prior experience in pricing, filing and/or small group is helpful Additional Job Information: -Solid technical/analytical skills and attention to detail.
-Ability to think creatively and use analytics to solve ambiguous problems.
-Customer-focused mindset and willingness to address concerns of key market partners.
-Ability to understand complex concepts and communicate effectively to both technical and less-technical audiences.
-Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can effectively manage multiple priorities.
-Able to work effectively in a team setting and independently.
Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Turning Data into Information Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.