Technical Product Owner for Digital Data & Analytics - 69251BRPrimary Location: Denver, CO
Additional Locations: CO-Denver, MA-Wellesley Apply
You will manage significant analytics, reporting and data engineering initiatives; need strong project management skills, strong technical knowledge of analytics processes and systems; a demonstrated ability to select, develop and allocate work for a team of staff members.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
69251Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital Data & Analytics is looking for a Product Owner with experience working in fast-paced, startup like environment to join the team to help drive our Data Engineering, Reporting and Data Science initiatives. As the Product Owner working with data engineering/reporting/analytics teams, you will help manage and grow our digital data products and analytics ecosystem. Partner with other product managers/owners, agile managers and leadership to mature the offerings and ensure they exceed the expectations of our customers and stakeholders. Grow your skill set and knowledge base by working alongside talented and passionate teammates from diverse backgrounds. Be the voice & champion of the consumer by driving the refinement, accuracy and maturity of our data pipelines, CEO level reports, and data science products consumed by both front and back end systems. Help drive the team to success by working across groups to drive discussion & engagement, create & track user stories in an Agile BI development life cycle. Investigate ways, partnerships, technologies to drive user engagement and stakeholder satisfaction. Ensure internal and external stakeholders needs /expectations are met and promote transparency by helping communicate through SAFe/SCRUM practice.
A successful Product Owner – Aetna Digital Data & Analytics will:
- Serve as the "voice of the customer" by bringing this perspective in a detailed and well communicated way to the data & analytics development team, throughout the product life cycle
- Drive the refinement process with the team to slice program-level Features, and break them down into detail-level user stories consumable and testable by the Scrum team
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the Analytics Product Backlog, including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria
- Contribute and execute on strategy, product vision and road map
- Collaborate with a technical teams across the company (including architects, security, quality engineers and others) to ensure we are meeting our product objectives
- Continuously and transparently communicate with internal stakeholders the prioritization of the Product Backlog and the status of development efforts via system demos, agile ceremonies, and team/program-level activities
- Work with Scrum Masters to help direct, motivate, and guide the agile delivery teams
- Be comfortable understanding the underlying business theory & mechanics behind the data, and be effective in communicating and translating information gleaned into technical objectives.
- Promote and drive Agile development methodology throughout the work and teams
- Manage, prioritize, and quickly assess the impact of defects, and promote built-in quality throughout the development process
- Proactively work with the data architect to ensure that solutions being developed now will continue to be able to be extended and improved into the future
- Review, accept, and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders
- Ensure that Scrum Team deliverables meet agreed-upon standards for quality and non-functional requirements, and that the products meet the stated business need
- Review completed development work to ensure specified acceptance criteria have been met and that features and stories meet the definition of done
- Organize and drive UAT and functional handoff to business teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, MIS, Information Technology, Business or related field; OR five to seven years related experience; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly desired technical skills related to experience/education: HDFS, SQL, Bash, AWS, Kubernetes, Python, R, Java, Spark, Tableau, Adobe, Segment, MapD
- 3-5 years in Product Management or related role, 1+ year as a Product Owner in an agile development environment
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Safe
- Knowledgeable in technology and software development processes
- Highly effective communication/presentation/ facilitation skills
- Strong persuasion, prioritization and communication skills
- Communication – Must be a strong communicator and be able to adjust altitude and depth of conversation to the audience, and be able to effectively communicate with both senior executives, business stakeholders, peers, and delivery team members alike
- Leadership – within the context of Business Intelligence, the Product Owner is responsible for representing the customers voice, creating a compelling product vision and providing clarity for the Development Team on the items to be worked on.
- Prioritization – Must be able to handle conflicting prioritizes involving multiple stakeholders, and rationalize and prioritize business objectives and initiatives using data
- Ideation – Must be an independent thinker and bring intellectual horsepower and original thoughts to the table
- Highly Analytical – Must embrace the scientific method, find data-driven methods and problem solving “second nature”, and leverage quantitative analysis in all aspects of the role
- Continual improvement – Must be a “learning animal” and continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques
- Conflict resolution – Must be not be afraid to tackle difficult topics/conversation and able to successfully facilitate discussion to drive appropriate outcomes, including consideration of different approaches or viewpoints
- Attitude of transparency – Must bring disclosure and transparency to stakeholders and grow trust with colleagues and stakeholders
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers / Towel Service
Monthly Chair Massages
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Wednesday lunches, etc.
Up-to 3K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.