Sr. Software Devel. Engineer in Test - 62513BRPrimary Location: Denver, CO
Additional Locations: CO-Denver Apply
Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
What We Do
Aetna Digital seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers building software in a modern, lean way and deploying continuously into the cloud. To fulfill this mission, our team builds search APIs to help our members effectively find the care they need.
What You'll Do
You will develop and provide direction on automation tools and frameworks to be used when testing our search APIs. You will be responsible for developing automation strategy and requirements to ensure an effective approach to testing our services.
- Contribute code and tests according to criteria established by our product team
- Work with product and engineering team to break down and plan sprint work to help us achieve our long-term goals
- Seek opportunities to improve the foundations of our API testing
- Architect, develop and drive automation tools and frameworks to be used across server teams
- Coordinate with other server and frontend teams to verify deployments of our APIs
- Propose and implement approaches to our existing API testing strategy
- 4+ years of progressive test automation experience
- Knowledge of test frameworks and tools including Minitest (Ruby) or Mocha (Node.js)
- Experience with Ruby, Node.js
- Working experience and knowledge of cURL
- Experience with CI/CD
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs for testing purposes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git
- Experience with Agile/SAFe software development principles
- Experience with automated testing in a microservices architecture
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of test management suites
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information:
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.