Sr. Android Engineer - 64713BRPrimary Location: Denver, CO
Additional Locations: CO-Denver Apply
Aetna Digital seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers building software in a modern, lean way and deploying continuously into the cloud. To fulfill this mission, our team builds search APIs to help our members effectively find the care they need.
What You'll Do
You will be part of a full-stack team who will be working on enabling customization of our web and mobile applications in a scalable and repeatable way including messaging, branding and functionality that meet the varying needs of our customers with minimal impact to the millions of members who currently use our applications. You will be responsible for developing and executing on our testing strategy that will need to support the many different variations within our app that will come with customization.
64713Fundamental Components: The engineering teams are responsible for building the best experience possible for the millions of members using our Aetna Health website and mobile apps. You will work alongside other engineers and with the product and design teams to consistently deliver new features. You will also work to refactor existing code in order to bring greater stability and scalability for our application as our membership continues to increase.
In any given day you will:
* Contribute code and tests according to criteria established by our product team
* Monitor, troubleshoot, and support our application in production
* Seek opportunities to enhance the stability, performance, maintainability, and extensibility of our application Background Experience: Required
* 3+ years native Android development
* Proficient with Java, Kotlin, and the Android SDK
* Understanding of core libraries, application framework, and Android architecture
* Experience with multi-threaded programming in Java and Kotlin coroutines
* Experience with writing unit tests
* Familiarity with Agile/SAFe software development principles
* Familiarity using RESTful APIs
* Knowledge of MVP and MVVM patterns
* Knowledge of Android accessibility features
* Knowledge of CI environment; Perfecto, Jenkins Additional Job Information:
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.