Senior Web Developer - (Design System) 64191BRPrimary Location: Denver, CO
Additional Locations: CO-Denver Apply
Aetnas mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetnas digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
64191Fundamental Components: Senior Web Developer (Design System)
Meet Anatomy, Aetna’s design system.
Anatomy unites Aetna Digital's product, design, and engineering teams around a common visual and brand language with which to work more efficiently and consistently across platforms and applications. Anatomy provides comprehensive documentation and code for visual style, components, accessibility best practices, and implementation, which in turn, allow our teams to focus more on solving our users’ healthcare problems.
We’re seeking to add a talented and thoughtful Senior Web Developer to our cross-functional team who will help us strengthen our web component code, documentation, and implementation. This role is critical to Anatomy’s success and requires someone who self-identifies as a “builder" with the ability to architect thoughtfully robust code that expresses beautiful, pixel-perfect UI.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, build, and test durable, easy-to-use, semantic, and accessible web components and patterns
- Work hand-in-hand with Design, Accessibility (A11y), and Engineering teams to ensure user needs are balanced with technical requirements to create sound components and patterns
- Contribute to clear, lean component documentation for other developers to consume
- Collaborate with technical architects to define and communicate a strong opinion on component code quality and platform standards
- Play an active role on a cross-functional team of designers and developers to continuously strengthen communication, identify efficiencies, and improve agile practices
- Confidently communicate your decision-making rationale to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Help build and manage Anatomy’s component library and documentation site
- Occasionally wear your DevOps hat to ensure components can be successfully released and consumed by developers
- Keep your finger on the pulse of emerging libraries and technology, and apply these best practices to uncover novel solutions to everyday design and development problems
- Strong appreciation for and ability to sweat the details on the presentation layer
- Real-world experience with inclusive design and/or accessible development
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates creative problem solving and instinctual and curiosity
- Demonstrable experience working on design systems or large-scale products
- Ability to bounce between individual work and group discussions
- Excellent communication and leadership skills in order to effectively present concepts to your team and design system adopters
- Positive, collaborative attitude and good sense of humor
- Active or interest in being active in the open source community
- Strong system design approach with the ability to break ideas down into their finer elements
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Information: ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers / Towel Service
Ping Pong/Monthly Chair Massages
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Wednesday lunches, etc.
$200/yr. towards wellness - gym membership, Fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate’s data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.