Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Senior Server Software EngineerPrimary Location: Denver, Colorado
Additional Locations: CO-Denver Apply
What We Do
AetnaDigital seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusingon the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern,lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. As the team building outsearch APIs, we help our members effectively find the care they need.
What You'll Do
Ourserver teams are focused on building out a search API that is used by multipleapplications serving millions of our users. As the number of members using ourservices increase, our teams will be working to refactor existing services tobring greater stability and scalability, build new services and incorporate newfeatures necessary to improve the user experience.
Inany given day you will:
- Contribute code and tests according to criteria established by our product team
- Work with product to break down and plan sprint work to help us achieve our long-term goals
- Develop and enhance our deployment pipelines including writing infrastructure-as-code template files (currently CloudFormation but moving to Terraform)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and support our applications in production
- Seek opportunities to improve the foundation of our code
- Support frontend developers as they build products that consume our services
- Learn new skills in terms of software development, engineering practices and cloud engineering
·A top of the lineMacBook Pro
·Weekly catered lunch
·Access to an on-sitegym
·An annual trainingbudget that can be spent on courses or conferences
·Dollar-for-dollarmatch up to 6% of your 401(k) contributions
- Experience deploying and maintaining services in production capable of serving millions of users
- Experience developing and deploying micro-services
- Experience translating large features into software designs
- An open mind about different solutions and a willingness to discuss alternatives
- 2+ years software development experience
- 1+ years API development experience
- 2+ years of Node.js experience
- Experience with our current stack (Ruby, Node, AWS, Docker, Elasticsearch)[BF1][MBM2]
- Experience deploying and maintaining services on AWS, specifically ECS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch, and RDS
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.