Scrum MasterPrimary Location: Denver, Colorado
Additional Locations: CO-Denver Apply
Aetna's Consumer Health & Products (CHP) mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products ; as well as the development road-map and execution of the road-map. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Aetna Digital is looking for a SAFe Scrum Master to join our team in Denver, Colorado
Come Join Aetna Digital!
The Scrum Master is a servant leader and coach for an Agile Scrum team. The Scrum Masters major responsibilities include facilitation of team events, managing team processes and assisting the team in achieving their commitments. Scrum Masters escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. Our Scrum Masters will support teams that cover consumer-facing software development and new cloud-based platform.
This role reports to the Director of Scaled Agile Execution in Aetna's Digital Transformation Office (DTO), which is responsible for enabling successful program execution of Aetna's Digital Transformation road map across organizational boundaries, following Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe) principles.
Fundamental Components/Job Description:
The Scrum Master facilitates team processes and execution. They escalate impediments, manage risk, help ensure value delivery, and help drive relentless improvement. Scrum Masters participate in the Lean-Agile transformation, coaching teams, in those processes and mindsets.
- Facilitate Scrum team meetings, including stand-ups, planning meetings, and retrospectives
- Facilitate the teams progress in achieving their commitments through issue, risk and dependency management
- Manage and maintain team-level dashboard reporting to track execution for the team, train, and program leadership using tools like CA Agile Central
- Coach teams Lean-Agile practices and thinking to elevate teams application of SAFe, creating an environment of mutual influence
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and User Experience experts as a member of team leadership
- Three years of Agile leadership experience with proven Agile and facilitation skills
- Experience filling the role of Scrum Master at Aetna, or another organization using SAFe
- Experience with Agile methodologies; Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Program consultant (SPC) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification strongly preferred, some level of SAFe certification required
- Experience with consumer-facing digital products, cloud platform technology, and/or advanced analytics enabled products is helpful
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Experience with Systems Thinking
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication, presentation skills; Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, set direction, and influence those not under direct line of management
- Technical aptitude to support programs use of work management and collaboration tools
- Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions
- Fact-based problem solver with the ability to evaluate alternative courses of action and make sound management decisions
- Collaborative style, with the ability to establish working relationships across the senior management team, business units, as well as with external advisors and constituents
- Self-starters, problem solvers; comfortable jumping in as needed to support the Program
- Servant Leader that can quickly create spheres of influence to relentlessly improve
- Willing to try new things, check and see if they worked, and then change and adapt
- Creates a safe environment for everyone to bring their whole selves to work every day
- Helps to coach a transformation from waterfall to Agile
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
One volunteer day per quarter
An onsite gym $200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill,...
$200/yr towards race fee reimbursements to encourage healthy living
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Up-to 1.5K a year for training/conferences
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.