Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Scrum Master- Aetna Health - Denver - 66668BRPrimary Location: Denver, Colorado
Additional Locations: CO-Denver Apply
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
66668Fundamental Components: Aetna Digital is looking for a Scrum Master who will be responsible for developing an agile based SDLC/APLC for a new development organization for a project team consisting of development resources in an implementation of large, complex technology and business oriented project. They will also be responsible for the coaching/mentoring of existing development managers/leads on this methodology as it is implemented and used during the project development life cycle
- Participate and support initial development pilots during the initial phases of the project.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint train and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintain process documentation
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the teams to self-organize
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible
- Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially shippable
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed project plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Adapting project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout pilot projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
- Exhibits the following Employee Behaviors
- 5+ years as a scrum master running agile teams
- Agile certification
- SAFe Experience
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
- Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
- Gym / Showers / Towel Service
- Monthly Chair Massages
- Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Wednesday lunches, etc.
- Up-to 3K a year toward tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
- Office based in Denver, CO; Flex work schedule per Manager's discretion
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.