Production Support EngineerPrimary Location: Denver, Colorado
Additional Locations: CO-Denver Apply
Aetna Consumer Health & Products (CHP) mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
- Aetna Digital in Denver, CO is looking for a Production Support Engineer to join the team.
- This person will be responsible for working with Software Engineers to understand the application stack, its backend service and how it is deployed/run
- Run issue simulations in order to learn what happens when a specific service breaks, and what needs to occur to fix it
- Assist scrum teams in completing backlog stories when there are no incidents
- Document all relevant findings and workarounds for issue/problem resolution within a wiki (Confluence)
- Requires the need to be on-call for any major incidents, this includes nights and weekends
- Requires a Jr to mid-level understanding of Ruby, backend server development, and AWS (cloud architecture)
- Must be willing to take initiative and learn development and other engineering concepts if not already familiar with them
- Must be personable, and understand how to work well within a team
- Must have solid problem-solving skills, and know when to ask questions, what questions to ask, and how to navigate complex issues to resolution
- 1 Year experience developing apps on the specific platform.
- 2 years software development experience.
- Able to produce code based on defined requirements and implement feedback provided on your work.
- Broad understanding of core programming and computer science concepts.
Additional Job Information:
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
One volunteer day per quarter
An onsite gym $200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill,...
$200/yr towards race fee reimbursements to encourage healthy living
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Up-to 1.5K a year for training/conferences
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.