Mgr, UI DesignPrimary Location: Denver, Colorado
Additional Locations: CO-Denver Apply
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to building software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital, a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, will design, build and deliver completely new and integrated digital experiences for our users.
Aetna’s new digital product team, Aetna Digital, is pioneering a new way for users to manage their healthcare. This isn't your parents' health insurance. Were a nimble, startup-like team of hungry, quirky, and digitally-savvy product experts using the latest technology like biometrics, wearables, and more to usher in new and thoughtful experiences to the 46.7 million people who rely on us to help them make decisions about their health.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
59662Fundamental Components: But we need help! We're looking for an experienced Product Design Manager (located in our Denver, CO Office) with a mastery of craft and a track record of delivering positive outcomes to consumers. You will be responsible for managing our UI Design team (iOS/Android/RWD) focused on our Aetna Health initiative.
As a member of Aetna Digital Design you'll join a team of multidisciplinary team of world class designers who are hard at work developing powerfully simple answers to complex design problems and who are helping re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe for generations to come.
- Work with Product, Engineering and Design leadership to define the new space and value to be built for our customers.
- Recruit, hire and onboard a team of designers responsible for delivering a new set of best-in-class consumer health experiences.
- Work closely with Product, Design and Engineering to help shape current feature development and influence future roadmap direction.
- Partner with UX Mgr to shepherd compelling user experiences from Lo-fi UX wireframe stages through HiFi Visuals through to Engineering leveraging Aetna Design standards.
- Work w/ the team to define the Visual Design standards & patterns to be used by Aetna Digital Design.
- Leading teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands utilizing industry best practices and patterns.
- Oversee and provide thought leadership in the development of visual design, and branding.
- Work with Design System team to define operational models and help grow, nurture, and promote our scalable design system.
- Inspire, mentors, provide day-to-day and career guidance to a team of Product Designers.
- Push and inspire junior designers to produce great work; good won't cut it.
- Utilize the full range of your visual design skills
- Work across departments to understand product potential and limitations
- 12+ years bringing digital products to life.
- 5+ years of managing teams and working in a Product, Engineering & Design environment.
- Breathtaking and smart aesthetic sense with sharp attention to detail.
- Subject-matter expert on iOS, Android/Material Design, and/or web design guidelines and best practices.
- An insatiably curious spirit looking to both lead and learn.
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Photoshop and a willingness to try new tools.
- Pixels, consistency, becoming more efficient - all must of core foundational interest.
- Ability to present, defend, and evangelize design ideas with various stakeholders and teams.
- Solid understanding of tech and UIs relationship, their possibilities, and their limitations
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Passion, energy, creativity and Drive!
- Motion/animation experience using Principle, Framer, or other prototyping tools.
- Experience with git or other version control methods.
- Extra credit for SAFe experience
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers / Towel Service
Monthly Chair Massages
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Wednesday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.