TX STAR+PLUS Workforce SpecialistPrimary Location: Dallas, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Dallas, TX-Houston, TX-McAllen, TX-San Antonio Apply
The Workforce Specialist is responsible for developing and managing a continuum of vocational, employment and business development services to assist LTSS/SPMI/IDD members including transition youth to achieve their employment goals. The Administrator is responsible for collaborating with Employment Vocational & Rehabilitation providers, adult SPMI/IDD clinic specialty staff and SPMI/IDD Services Administrator, , Housing Administrator and the Individuals and Family Services Administrator to facilitate integrated care delivery. In addition, responsible to determine service expansion and/or program development needs related to psychiatric rehabilitation and employment. Travel approximately 50% of the time is required, with a personal vehicle. Must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
- Bridge members to employment and other developmental opportunities through support to the service coordinators
- Affords choices for community participation and a sense of inclusion
- Develop formal and informal relationship with community-based providers
- Leverage provider relationships in rural and frontier areas
- Identify and resolve systemic issues related to integration of employment services / supports with mental health care
- Real-time discussions, and bring up issues or concerns
- Evaluate trends in utilization and develop initiatives to make improvements to internal processes
- Discuss significant trends and strategize systemic opportunities in identified quality management committee and with identified stakeholders as appropriate/necessary.
- Operationalize solutions to identified barriers and collaboratively approach solutions with appropriate stakeholders
- Make recommendations to overcome system barriers and promote consistency in practices across all stakeholders.
- Monitor related outcomes and make recommendations for changes
- Promote system wide training and use of evidence based
- 2+ years of experience in public sector, managed health care.
- 2+ years of experience as a Workforce Specialist or similar role for a managed health care organization overseeing collaboration with workforce and vocational agencies preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the state Medicaid managed care market, regulations, practices and behavioral health system strongly preferred.
- Candidate must reside in Texas.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human services field preferred OR equivalent work experience.
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.