TX STAR+PLUS Vendor Management Manager (68415BR)Primary Location: Dallas, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Dallas Apply
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Duties include, relationship management of vendors providing services to the Aetna Better Health of Texas managed care plan. Accountable for vendor performance oversight, collaboration with business leaders to identify and contract with vendors that supplement health plan operations, and management of HUB vendor oversight and reporting. Responsible for providing guidance and direction to external vendors, as required in support of initiatives. May be responsible for concurrent initiatives as team lead and/or team member, based on resource requirements. Minimal travel is required with personal vehicle. Must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
- Develops and maintains a strong vendor oversight process, working collaboratively with operational and clinical leaders.
- Communicates compelling and concise results to inform support decision making regarding initiative opportunities.
- Conducts thorough business case and external customer value analysis to determine selection, prioritization positioning and approach for broadest range of potential vendor solutions.
- Conducts contracting process, builds optimal influential client relationship for results and deliverables and manages relationship throughout contract period.
- Fully integrates baseline and metrics tracking for optimal results.
- Provides continuous coaching, direction, and feedback for external vendors as required.
- Gathers, analyzes and synthesizes business intelligence to drive achievement of strategic business objectives.
- Leverages internal and external networking to drive optimal initiative results and knowledge/best practice transfer.
- Bachelors' degree required.
- 7+ years’ experience with several of the following methodologies: management consulting, project consulting, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, and/or risk management consulting.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership with relevant initiatives: Business process, enterprise business project management/consulting, , strategic planning, risk management.
- Demonstrated superior business process, project management and organizational redesign experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations.
- Experience with enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional large-scale initiatives with high degree of complexity.
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel.
- Team leadership, team building, and collaboration skills.
- Analytical and planning skills.
- Negotiation/influencing skills.
- Relationship and change management skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Maximizing Work Practices Desired Skills: Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Sales - Negotiating Collaboratively, Service - Working Across Boundaries Functional Skills: General Management - Vendor management (non-IT) Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.