TX STAR+PLUS Senior Informatics Consultant/LeadPrimary Location: Dallas, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Dallas, TX-Ennis, TX-Grand Prairie, TX-Greenville, TX-Irving, TX-McKinney, TX-Plano, TX-Terrell Apply
Responsible for the successful delivery of analyses and analytic solutions to meet business needs, interacting directly with internal and external clients and colleagues. Acts as the analytic team lead for complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
- Performs applied statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare data, interprets results, and makes recommendations based on analytic findings to business areas.
- Stays informed about industry trends, research findings and evaluation methods.
- Makes recommendations about data collection methods, metrics definition and evaluation methods.
- Presents analytic reports to clients and stakeholders.
- Defines and delivers analytical solutions in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive short and long term objectives.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners and organizations in the design and execution of analytic studies to answer business and research questions.
- Designs and conducts analyses and outcome studies using healthcare claims, pharmacy and lab data, employing appropriate research designs and statistical methods.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools that answer applied research and business questions for internal and external clients.
- Develops and participates in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on information services, capabilities and performance results.
- Turns analysis into business/customer solutions. Creates business applications to deliver clinical or analytic solutions to constituents.
- Develops project plans, research study designs and timelines.
- Manages personal resources and cross-functional projects and customer expectations to achieve constituent satisfaction.
- Responsible for project commitments to quality and on-time deliverables.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently
- Willingness to understand and probe into technical details.
- Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Conducts analyses that may be suitable for publication in journals and external presentations.
- Works independently to plan and conduct sophisticated analyses.
- Assists in team leadership and mentoring and may perform management functions in the absence of the Informatics Manager.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Social Science, Healthcare or related discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Strong leadership experience, collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to evaluate/recommend the use of other reporting platforms to solve constituent needs: Business Objects, Power BI, SSRS, web development technology, big data analytics, data mining, Visual Basic.
- Strong understanding of customer’s strategies, information needs programs, processes and products.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong reporting skills using Excel, Word, Visio and/or PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge in automation and ETL activities.
- Advanced SQL and SAS programming abilities in data warehouse or big data analytics environment, including use of statistical analysis techniques or business intelligence application development.
- Well-versed in statistical model building and concepts, decision trees and classification rules, segmentation and cluster analysis. Understanding of relational databases, data systems and data warehouses.
- Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal).
- Health care analysis, health economics, epidemiology, or health services research experience.
- Ability to communicate statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Able to make sound decisions and recommendations to drive business solutions.
- Demonstrated extensive and diverse knowledge of health care data, metrics, systems and standards; demonstrated subject matter expert in multiple subject areas.
- 7 or more years of health research, epidemiology or pharmaceutical industry analytic experience.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
- TX Medicaid/MCO experience is a plus.
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.