TX STAR+PLUS Network Manager (68383BR)Primary Location: Dallas, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Dallas Apply
Manages a unit that negotiates, executes, conducts review and analysis, dispute resolution and/or settlement negotiations of contracts with larger and more complex group/system providers in accordance with company standards to maintain and enhance provider networks while meeting and exceeding accessibility, quality and financial goals and cost initiatives. Maintains accountability for specific medical cost initiatives. Travel with personal vehicle is required. Must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
- DALLAS SERVICE AREA: Collin, Dallas, Ellis, Hurt, Kaufman, Navarro, and Rockwall counties.
- HIDALGO SERVICE AREA: Cameron, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Maverick, McMullen, Start, Webb, Willacy and Zapata counties.
- BEXAR SERVICE AREA: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, and Wilson counties
- HARRIS SERVICE AREA: Austin, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Matagorda, Montgomery, Waller and Wharton counties.
Manages a team of professional analysts and negotiators to negotiate complex, competitive contractual relationships with providers according to prescribed guidelines and financial standards in support of national and regional network strategies.
Manages contract performance and supports the development and implementation of standard and/or value-based contract relationships in support of business strategies.
Recruits providers as needed to ensure attainment of network expansion and adequacy targets.
May manage provider contract support functions including the development of boiler plate contracts and state filings; contract support, review & approval, and information analysis to ensure the development of cost-effective provider contracts.
Manages provider compensation/reimbursement and pricing development activities in partnership with business management.
Manages the analysts and contract specialists accountable for cost arrangements within defined groups.
Collaborates cross-functionally to manage provider compensation and pricing development activities, submission of contractual information, and the review and analysis of reports as part of negotiation and reimbursement modeling activities.
Partner with business to determine network and contract needs.
Responsible for reporting, understanding and managing medical cost issues and initiating appropriate action in partnership with business.
Serves as SME for less experienced team members and internal partners.
Provides sales and marketing support, community relations and guidance with comprehension of applicable federal and state regulations.
May provide network development, maintenance, and refinement activities and strategies in support of cross-market network management unit.
Assists with the design, development, management, and or implementation of strategic network configurations and integration activities.
May optimize interaction with assigned providers and internal business partners to manage relationships to ensure provider needs are met.
Ensures resolution of escalated issues related, but not limited to, claims payment, contract interpretation and parameters, or accuracy of provider contract or demographic information.
Initiate legal reviews as needed; ensure all required reviews completed by appropriate functional areas.
Required to communicate w/internal/external parties by phone/in person; may require travel to offsite locations. Background Experience:
- 5 to 7 years experience in healthcare
- A successful track record of managing and negotiating provider contracts that improve competitive position
- In depth knowledge of various reimbursement structures and payment methodologies
- Solid leadership skills including staff development
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Masters degree preferred
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.