TX STAR+PLUS Housing and Community Services CoordinatorPrimary Location: Dallas, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Dallas, TX-Houston, TX-McAllen, TX-San Antonio Apply
The Housing and Community Services Administrator oversees Housing Services and Supports for LTSS and programs and services. Responsible for acting as a resource for members and service coordinators to understand housing options. Supports the service coordination team in making referrals to State agencies (Community for Permanent Supportive Housing and Section 811, Project Rental Assistance. Travel 50% of the time is required, with a personal vehicle. Must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance.
- Build relationships and knowledge about housing options in various service delivery areas
- Maintain the security of confidential information according to established procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service to clients and the general public and promotes positive client relations.
- Responsible for working with the federal and local housing programs to help develop and access affordable housing services for Members receiving LTSS.
- Responsible for educating and assisting service coordinators regarding affordable housing services for members
- Serves a liaison with state housing coordinators and housing specialists within each Community Mental Health Center on strategy and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Services or a relevant field is preferred OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years experience in public sector.
- Managed health care experience preferred.
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience in assisting the elderly and persons with disabilities to secure accessible, affordable housing through Federal (such as HUD, Shelter Plus Care, SAMHSA, and USDA), as well as, local programs.
- Proven track record meeting project dates.
- Experience in determining eligibility for programs or services or experience is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations and policies and to make decision in accordance with established policies.
- Candidate must be a resident of Texas.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.