At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
Transition Coordinator Nurse (RN) - Texas Star KidsPrimary Location: Dallas, Texas
Additional Locations: TX-Dallas Apply
At Aetna Better Health of Texas, we are committed to helping people on their path to better health. By taking a total and connected approach to health, we guide and support our members so they can get more out of life, every day. We are looking for people like you who value excellence, integrity, caring and innovation. As an employee, you’ll join a team dedicated to improving the lives of Texas STAR Kids members. We value diversity and are dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals.
The Transition Coordinator RN is responsible for telephonically and/or face to face assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating all case management activities with members to evaluate the medical needs of the member to facilitate the member’s overall wellness. Develops a proactive course of action to address issues presented to enhance the short and long-term outcomes as well as opportunities to enhance a member’s overall wellness through integration. Services strategies policies and programs are comprised of network management and clinical coverage policies.
This position requires routine travel in the Dallas service area, 70-80% of the time. Some travel to the Dallas office, support location, may also be required. Use of personal vehicle when traveling in the field; must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance. Business mileage is eligible for reimbursement, in accordance with travel policy guidelines. Candidates may reside in any of these or adjacent counties: Collin, Dallas, Ellis, Hurt, Kaufman, Navarro, and Rockwall.
- RUB certified RN; or ability to complete RUG certification within 60 days of start date is required.
- 5 years clinical practice experience RN with current unrestricted state licensure required.
- Case Management in an integrated model preferred.
- Pediatric/Adolescent experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred.
Additional Job Details:
- Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectations
- Work requires the ability to perform close inspection of handwritten and computer-generated documents as well as a PC monitor.
- Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast-paced changing environment
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel. Strong keyboard and mouse skills required.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.