Sr. Analytics ConsultantPrimary Location: Dallas, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Austin, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston, TX-San Antonio, TX-Sugar Land Apply
63591Fundamental Components: The primary responsibility within this position is to interpret, analyze and provide strategies related to the overall plan results for one of Aetna's largest customers. Results may include things such as medical cost, pharmacy cost, clinical programs, population health and disability. This role will require creating reports or presentations as necessary and the analyst will need to be able to articulate results to a wide range of audiences including customers and consultants and must be able to present complex information in a compelling format and manner. The individual in this position may conduct weekly and monthly analytic reviews with a cross functional team and must be able to meet multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the healthcare industry including benefit plans, medical management programs, population health and incentive strategies. The candidate must have strong technical and communication skills and be able to work in a face-paced environment and handle multiple priorities. They must maintain up-to-date knowledge of external/industry trends. Background Experience:
- Strong communication skills. Able to articulate (verbally and written) complex business results, issues and strategies in a clear, concise and confident manner to all levels and positions of an organization (internal and external).
- Business/Industry Knowledge: Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience interpreting/analyzing all aspects of a customer’s experience (financial results, medical management results, population health, effectiveness of incentive/wellness strategies, etc.). Experience must include using data across the spectrum of a customer’s products/results to tell the ‘story’, connect the dots between various strategies and results and ultimately identify, value and communicate areas of opportunity.
- Must have strong knowledge of claim coding (CPT/DRG, etc.), provider networks, benefit designs, healthcare products/funding, medical management programs and financial acumen.
- Relationship management: Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
- Strategic Thinking: Must have demonstrated ability to think strategically in an independent manner and ‘out of the box’ versus accepting the status quo.
- Technical Skills: Must possess strong technical skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) as well as experience using analytic/reporting applications.
Required Skills: General Business - Consulting for Solutions, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, General Business - Turning Data into Information Desired Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Functional Skills: Finance - Financial reporting and analysis, Information Management - Medical economics, Management - Management - Data analysis and interpretation Technology Experience: Aetna Application - Enterprise Data Warehouse, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel, Reporting Tool - SAS Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.