Manager, Service Coordination Texas STAR KidsPrimary Location: Dallas, TX
Additional Locations: TX-Dallas Apply
This role is office based in Dallas, TX with about 10-25% of field based travel required.
Oversight and Management of clinical team processes including the organization and development of high performing teams. This position is office based in Dallas with routine travel to meet with field-based staff, as needed. Use of personal vehicle when traveling in the field; must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance. Business mileage is eligible for reimbursement, in accordance with travel policy guidelines.
71032Fundamental Components: - Reinforces clinical philosophy, programs, policies and procedures.
- Communicates strategic plan and specific tactics to meet plan.
- Ensures implementation of tactics to meet strategic direction for cost and quality outcomes.
- Creates direction and communicates a business case for change by focusing on and addressing key priorities to achieve business results. Identifies opportunities to implement best practice approaches and introduce innovations to better improve outcomes.
- Accountable for meeting the financial, operational and quality objectives of the unit.
- May be accountable for the day-to-day management of teams for appropriate implementation and adherence with established practices, policies and procedures if there is not supervisor position.
- Works closely with functional area managers to ensure consistency in clinical interventions supporting our plan sponsors.
- Develop, initiate, monitor and communicate performance expectations.
- May act as a single point of contact for the customer and the Account Team which includes participation in customer meetings, implementation and oversight of customer cultural requirements, and support implementation of new customers.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring process for staff using clearly defined requirements in terms of education, experience, technical and performance skills.
- Assesses developmental needs and collaborates with others to identify and implement action plans that support the development of high performing teams.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to serve as a model change agent and lead change efforts.
- Accountable for maintaining compliance with policies and procedures and implements them at the employee level.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data, identify areas of improvement, and focuses on interventions to improve outcomes. Background Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year previous service coordination or case management experience and experience with pediatric clients is required; integrated care model experience is preferred.
- 5+ years in clinical area of expertise required.
- 2+ years in managed care required.
- Previous leadership experience is required.
- Registered Nurse (BSN preferred) OR master's degree in behavioral health field AND active unrestricted State Licensure in applicable functional area. (eg RN, LCSW, LMSW, LPC) is required.
- RN RUG certified; or the ability to complete RUG certification within 60 days of start date is required
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel. Strong keyboard and mouse skills required.
- Ability to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data, identify areas of improvement, and focus on interventions to improve outcomes
- Ability to communicate effectively with Providers, Members, Staff and other Leaders both in oral and written formats (e.g., may provide support to the sales staff & network staff via onsite customer visits and/or presentations)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast-paced changing environment.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.