At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
Case Manager Nurse (RN) - Service Coordinator 1 - Texas Star Kids (Pediatrics)Primary Location: Dallas, Texas
Additional Locations: TX-Dallas Apply
The Service Coordinator 1, (Case Manager RN) is a field-based position responsible for face to face assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating all case management activities with members to evaluate the medical needs of the member to facilitate the member’s overall wellness. Candidates may reside in any of these or adjacent counties: Collin, Dallas, Ellis, Hurt, Kaufman, Navarro, and Rockwall. Develops a proactive course of action to address issues presented to enhance the short and long-term outcomes as well as opportunities to enhance a member’s overall wellness through integration. Services strategies policies and programs are comprised of network management and clinical coverage policies. This position requires routine travel in the Dallas service area, 80-90% of the time. Some travel to the Dallas office, support location, may also be required. Use of personal vehicle when traveling in the field; must have active and valid TX driver's license, reliable transportation and vehicle insurance. Business mileage is eligible for reimbursement, in accordance with travel policy guidelines.
71034Fundamental Components: Assessment of Members:
- Through the use of clinical tools and information/data review, conducts comprehensive face to face assessments of referred member’s needs/eligibility and determines approach to case resolution and/or meeting needs by evaluating member’s benefit plan/s and available internal and external programs/services.
- Applies clinical judgment to the incorporation of strategies designed to reduce risk factors and address complex clinical indicators which impact care planning and resolution of member issues.
- Using advanced clinical skills, performs crisis intervention with members experiencing a behavioral health or medical crisis and refers them to the appropriate clinical providers for thorough assessment and treatment, as clinically indicated.
- Provides crisis follow up to members to help ensure they are receiving the appropriate treatment/services.
- Actively engage with providers and member during key transitions of care.
Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care:
- Application and/or interpretation of applicable criteria and clinical guidelines, standardized case management plans, policies, procedures, and regulatory standards while assessing benefits and/or member’s needs to ensure appropriate administration of benefits
- Using holistic approach consults with supervisors, Medical Directors and/or other programs to overcome barriers to meeting goals and objectives; presents cases at case conferences to obtain multidisciplinary view in order to achieve optimal outcomes
- Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels
- Ability to speak to medical and behavioral health professionals to influence appropriate member care.
- Utilizes influencing/motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promotes lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health
- Provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
- Helps member actively and knowledgeably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making
- Analyzes all utilization, self-report and clinical data available to consolidate information and begin to identify comprehensive member needs and co-morbid conditions.
- Reviews prior claims to address potential impact on current case management and eligibility. Assessment includes the member's level of work capacity and related restrictions/limitations.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care:
- In collaboration with the member and their care team develops and monitors established person-centered plans of care to meet the member’s goals
- Utilizes case management and quality management processes in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines and company policies and procedures. Background Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year previous service coordination or case management experience and experience with pediatric clients is required; integrated model experience is preferred
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- 3+ years clinical practice experience RN with current unrestricted state licensure required
- RUG certified RN; or ability to complete RUG certification within 60 days of start date is required
- 2+ years health plan experience is preferred
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency is required in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, and MS Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel. Strong keyboard and mouse skills required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment.
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.