At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build leading-edge analytics, data and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. We’ll count on you to help solve problems and deliver meaningful insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine learning and predictive modeling techniques. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful data scientist? Here are the traits we are looking for:
Paid Time Off & Disability
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company Analytics, the team uses machine learning techniques and data visualization to derive insights from the data to guide our efforts to understand and care for our members more effectively and at a lower cost. Each team member is responsible for a new weekly insight. We have a great mix of new graduates and senior data scientists. I’m constantly blown away at the talent, creativity and drive on our team!Karen S., Senior Director - Enterprise Analytics
Working at Aetna, a CVS Health Company, gives you the opportunity to use the data to make a change. A change that could save lives, could prevent fraud, a change that really matters and a chance to work with like-minded people to make a difference. A great team, helpful colleagues, intelligent co-workers make the journey to learn and innovate that much more fun.Tanvi K., Data Scientist - Clinical Analytics
Principal Data Scientist - 70445BRPrimary Location: Cupertino, California
Additional Locations: CA-Cupertino Apply
This position lies within the Attain team. Attain attainbyaetna.com is an app developed by Aetna in collaboration with Apple that leverages the Apple Watch sensor data and Aetna's medical claims data in order to create personalized health recommendations for our members. Attain relies on a powerful rewards mechanism to incentivize our members to stay active and complete key healthy actions like getting a flu shot and adhering to medications.
- Provides strategic leadership for the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools. Acts as the analytic team lead for highly complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
- Leads development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Establishes analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses. Manages highly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across organization/enterprise.
- Motivates team members and probes into technical details, and mentors others to do the same.
- Provides thought leadership and direction for analytic solutions, tools and studies. Anticipates and solves strategic and high risk business problems with broad impact on the business area by applying leading-edge theories and techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Provides guidance to develop enterprise-wide analytics strategy and roadmap. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information/solutions related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/ business solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.Strong organizational, management and leadership skills.Superior skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
- Expertise in advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources.Expertise in innovating and implementing novel machine learning techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge on health care industry, products, systems, business strategies and products.
- Demonstrates advanced in-depth specialization in mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling.Superior ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- 10 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company is taking on health care fraud
Learn how Aetna, a CVS Health Company is using machine learning to detect fraud, waste and abuse in the health care system.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.