At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
Workers Compensation Field Case Manager (RN) Registered Nurse SANTA ROSA, NAPA, VALLEJO, St. Helena, Sonoma, Larkspur, Ukiah, American Canyon CA RELO PAIDPrimary Location: Concord, California
Additional Locations: CA-Concord Apply
|JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM|
Are you tired of bedside nursing?
Are you looking to get away from 12-hour hospital shifts while continuing to utilize your RN expertise to impact the lives of patients in your local community?
We are seeking self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented, highly organized, tech-savvy Registered Nurses to join our Workers’ Compensation Field Case Management team. This opportunity offers a competitive salary, full benefits, and a performance-based bonus paid out on a monthly or quarterly basis. Our organization promotes autonomy through a Monday-Friday working schedule, paid holidays, and flexibility as you coordinate the care of your members.
TERRITORY Larkspur, Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Ukiah, Vallejo, American Canyon, Napa, St. Helena of California. (N of the river.)
Responsible for assessing and analyzing an injured employee to evaluate the medical and vocational needs required to facilitate the patient’s appropriate and timely return to work. Acts as a liaison with patient/family, employer, provider(s), insurance companies, and healthcare personnel.
63735Fundamental Components: Acts as a liaison with member/client /family, employer, provider(s), insurance companies, and healthcare personnel as appropriate. Implements and coordinates all case management activities relating to catastrophic cases and chronically ill members/clients across the continuum of care that can include consultant referrals, home care visits, the use of community resources, and alternative levels of care. Interacts with members/clients telephonically or in person. May be required to meet with members/clients in their homes, work-sites, or physician’s office to provide ongoing case management services. Assesses and analyzes injured, acute, or chronically ill members/clients medical and/or vocational status; develops a plan of care to facilitate the member/client’s appropriate condition management to optimize wellness and medical outcomes, aid timely return to work or optimal functioning, and determination of eligibility for benefits as appropriate. Communicates with member/client and other stakeholders as appropriate (e.g., medical providers, attorneys, employers and insurance carriers) telephonically or in person. Prepares all required documentation of case work activities as appropriate. Interacts and consults with internal multidisciplinary team as indicated to help member/client maximize best health outcomes. May make outreach to treating physician or specialists concerning course of care and treatment as appropriate. Provides educational and prevention information for best medical outcomes. Applies all laws and regulations that apply to the provision of rehabilitation services; applies all special instructions required by individual insurance carriers and referral sources. Testifies as required to substantiate any relevant case work or reports. Conducts an evaluation of members/clients’ needs and benefit plan eligibility and facilitates integrative functions using clinical tools and information/data. Utilizes case management processes in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures. Facilitates appropriate condition management, optimize overall wellness and medical outcomes, appropriate and timely return to baseline, and optimal function or return to work. Develops a proactive course of action to address issues presented to enhance the short and long-term outcomes, as well as opportunities to enhance a member’s/client’s overall wellness through integration. Monitors member/client progress toward desired outcomes through assessment and evaluation. Daily travel in the field.
All employees are expected to embody our values of Excellence, Integrity, Caring and Inspiration in all that they do as an employee. The overall responsibility of the Field Case Manager is to ensure the injured worker receives the best possible care in a timely and efficient manner towards full rehabilitation and return to work. Please note that we do offer mileage reimbursement for local travel.
As a Workers’ Compensation Field Case Manager, you will be offered:
Reimbursement for mileage, tolls, parking, licensure and certification
Laptop, iPhone & printer/fax/scanner all in one.
All major holidays are paid time off, vacation and sick time off is accrued. Full benefits offered including 401(k) and many corporate discounts available. Employees are reimbursed for fees to maintain licensure as well as free CEU’s to maintain licensure. Continuing Education credits are available/provided for RN and a various industry certifications too. Work from home with in-state travel. In addition to annual salary, position has potential for a monthly monetary bonus.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
• Minimum 2 years clinical nursing background
• Prior case management and workers' compensation experience preferred
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment
• Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Products
• Excellent communication skills
• Registered Nurse (RN) with active state license in good standing in the state where job duties are performed. Additional Job Information: High initiative, challenging position that utilizes critical thinking and effective communication skills while working with injured workers, employers, claims examiners, attorneys, and treatment providers to improve patient outcomes. Evaluates injured workers' medical and vocational needs to develop a specialized plan of care that promotes successful return to work while assisting in the coordination of therapeutic services. Monitors injured workers' progress toward desired outcomes in a variety of environments, including the home, work site, and physician office settings. Opportunity to make a positive impact in the life of an injured worker. Aetna benefits package. Functional Skills: Nursing - Critical Care Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN) Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 75 - 100% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health hero Q&A
This Aetna nurse helps new moms overcome opioids.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Utilization Management Nurse Consultant Bradenton, Florida, Boynton Beach, Florida, Casselberry, Florida, Fort Myers, Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Orlando, Florida, Pensacola, Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Actuarial Manager Chicago, Illinois, Bethesda, Maryland, New York, New York, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Austin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, Concord, California, Hartford, Connecticut
- Event Coordinator / Administrative Support New York, New York
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.