CounselPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CA-Concord, CT-Hartford, PA-Blue Bell, TX-Dallas Apply
68730Fundamental Components: The majority of the Counsel's time will be spent developing and implementing case strategy, directing discovery and strategy, communicating with and engaging clients throughout the lifetime of the matter, coordinating with outside counsel and identifying business process improvements based on litigation experiences. The Counsel will work directly with clients, colleagues throughout the Legal department, outside counsel, government affairs, finance and corporate communications as appropriate. The Counsel may also deal with external stakeholders including Employer Plan Sponsors, government agencies and opposing counsel. Background Experience:
- Experience providing legal advice and counsel to executive and senior management
- Mminimum of 6 years post-bar experience in a law firm and/or in-house/corporate setting.
- Experience in state and federal courts preferred.
- Expert knowledge of legal landscape applicable to consumer directed businesses and consumer directed technology.
- Expert knowledge of state insurance laws, and the relationship between state and federal laws.
- Expert knowledge of federal laws concerning health care and health insurance law including federal healthcare reform, HIPAA, ERISA, and federal mental health parity.
- Experience demonstrating solid business and legal judgment.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills. Demonstrated expertise with legal acumen, drafting and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience demonstrating high level of interpersonal skills and diplomatic finesse.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state and in good standing of applicable bar association(s).
- The minimum level of education desired for candidates in this position is a JD.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.