Behavioral Health Clinical Case Manager (LISW)Primary Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Additional Locations: OH-Cincinnati Apply
25-50% of travel is required.
Utilizes advanced clinical judgment and critical thinking skills to facilitate appropriate physical and behavioral health members that reside in nursing facilities through assessment and member-centered care planning, direct provider coordination/collaboration, and coordination of services to promote effective utilization of available resources, optimal member functioning, and cost-effective outcomes
Fundamental Components include but are not limited to:
Assessment of members:
-Through the use of clinical tools and review of member specific health information/data, conducts comprehensive assessments of referred members needs/eligibility and, in collaboration with the members care team, determines an approach to resolving member issues and/or meeting needs by evaluating the members benefit plan and available internal and external programs/services and resources.
- Applies clinical judgment to the incorporation of strategies designed to reduce risk factors and barriers and address complex clinical indicators which impact care planning and resolution of member issues.
- Using advanced clinical skills, performs crisis intervention with members experiencing behavioral health or medical crisis and refers them to the appropriate clinical and service providers for thorough assessment and treatment, as clinically indicated. Provides crisis follow up to members to help ensure they are receiving the appropriate treatment/services.
Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care:
Application and/or interpretation of applicable criteria and clinical guidelines, standardized care management plans, policies, procedures, and regulatory standards while assessing benefits and/or members needs to ensure appropriate administration of benefits.
- Using a holistic approach consults with clinical colleagues, supervisors, Medical Directors and/or other programs to overcome barriers to meeting goals and objectives. Presents cases at case rounds/conferences to obtain a multidisciplinary perspective and recommendations in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels
- Ability to speak to medical and behavioral health professionals to influence appropriate member care.
- Utilizes influencing/motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promotes lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health.
- Provides coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
- Helps member actively and knowledgably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making
- Analyzes all utilization, self-report and clinical data available to consolidate information and begin to identify comprehensive member needs.
- Utilize clinical judgement
An LISW is required
3-5 years of direct clinical practice experience post masters degree, e.g., hospital setting or alternative care setting such as ambulatory care or outpatient clinic/facility required
Case management and discharge planning experience preferred
Managed care/utilization review experience preferred
Crisis intervention skills preferred
Behavioral Health background preferred
The minimum level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Associate's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Nursing/Certified Case Manager (CCM) is desired
Mental Health/Licensed Independent Social Worker is required
Functional - Nursing/Home Health Care Ambulatory Nursing/1-3 Years
Functional - Nursing/Case Management/1-3 Years
Functional - Nursing/Mental Health/1-3 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/1-3 Years/
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/1-3 Years/
Full-Time Telework (WAH); First 90 days in office
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Certification in Case Management (CCM) preferred
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.