Strategic Marketing DirectorPrimary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
The Strategic Marketing Director provides strategic expertise related to their aligned Territory/Markets, Segments, and functions in support of the development and execution of marketing strategies and go-to-market plans that will drive member acquisition and retention. This role strengthens Aetna's brand by achieving and executing on a cross-segment, holistic view of market to expand our business while building trust and loyalty with our members.
- Direct accountability as the businesss strategic marketing consultant- Markets
- Direct accountability for delivery of holistic, integrated marketing plan aligned to Market
- Identifies and executes on opportunities to drive new thinking, innovation and cost efficiency into marketing approach through new or enhanced solutions/programs and tactics designed to achieve market growth.
- Leads cross-functional work teams in a highly matrix environment; navigates and drives results through close collaboration with internal marketing and business partners (Local market, Product, Field Marketing, Enterprise Activation, Agency, Digital Programs, Martech, Enterprise Media, Branding) to enable integrated planning and execution of marketing strategy
- Aggregates local market and competitor insights, white-space opportunities, health marketing priorities, and multi-cultural opportunities to influence and define local marketing strategy.
- Proactively anticipates and adjusts for business and/or regulatory issues in marketing planning, based on an in-depth understanding of the local environment.
- Establishes processes to track quantitative and qualitative results of campaigns, events, and other programs; interprets results and adjusts approach to maximize segment/business growth opportunity and ensure value of investments. Integrates data and analytics to create frames of reference to evaluate relative attractiveness and risks of marketing opportunities and threats.
- Leverages insights to inform acquisition and retention strategies.
- Drives the localizing of an integrated product/services
- Value Story for all audiences.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative partnership between the market business leaders and Aetna marketing.
- 10+ years experience.
- 3-7+ years of experience as SME (developing strategy, managing and working with senior leaders, proven results)
- B2C experience
- Healthcare is a big plus
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Marketing/Strategy development/7-10 Years
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.