Staff AccountantPrimary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
- Prepare and review accounting entries posted to the general ledger to ensure proper accounting treatment
- Review and interpret accounting/financial reports and propose necessary changes to management
- Compile and distribute financial statements and related information
- Prepare account reconciliations and supporting financial statement schedules
- Provide information and assistance to support various audits and coordinate accounting matters with other departments and locations
This is an intermediate finance position conducting moderate to complex financial reporting and analysis.
- Conducts moderate to complex financial reporting and analysis
- Provide data and analysis to support the business unit's mission
- Makes recommendations to support the business unit's mission
- Performs appropriate balancing of all reporting to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Assists with analysis of key components of financial results, identifying trends and variances; addressing questions as needed
- Supports financial information requests from business financial management
- Participates in special projects and conducts ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- 2-4 years finance related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; Finance or Accounting degree required
Experience with Microsoft Office, Blackline, Oracle, NetSuite, Hyperion is highly desired.Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.