Sr. Actuarial Consultant (Credentialed)Primary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
This person will support each of the NY/NJ, New England, Great Lakes and AZ/MN markets. Primary responsibilities are to serve as a leader for various team projects and territory initiatives, including the following:
- Support Actuarial leadership in the Monthly Operating Review (MOR). An important discussion to review results and drivers with Senior Leadership.
- Lead Financial Plan / Forecasting project for team, developing best practices for key assumptions, reviewing results, partnering with central Finance/Actuarial teams and developing tools for market analysis. Lead a group of 5 team members who support the individual market buildups during this process and engaging with each of the 4 Plan Actuaries on their results.
- Lead monthly Large Claim process for the territory, engaging 4-6 other team members. Engage with central actuarial and MEU teams on results and process enhancements.
- Large Group Competitive Intelligence Lead for each of the large markets in the territory. This evaluation requires an ability to utilize various pieces of information, partner with UW, Sales, Strategy leads and apply judgment to understand cost and pricing position as well as other key comparisons against our primary competitors.
- Potentially engage in other adhoc projects supporting AFA and Large Group pricing
Leadership is the top competency that is needed and will be developed in this role. Effective written and verbal communication skills (especially to senior level audiences) are critical, as well as an ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop solutions to business challenges.
The candidate should be organized, adaptable, can perform well under pressure and demonstrate a strong ability to drive projects to completion. Important to have sound understanding of Commercial Pricing fundamentals, intellectual curiosity and be comfortable applying judgment to ambiguous problems. Background Experience: Bachelor's degree along w/4 + years experience, preferably in healthcare
Must have passed a minimum of 4 actuarial exams and planning on going for your ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries)
Strong communication skills
Any prior financial background or large group experience is a plus Additional Job Information: Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a solution-oriented mindset and able to adapt to change. Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.