Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
SAS /ETL Development Engineer - 70838BRPrimary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
The Software Development Engineer will be responsible for support and development of the ETL process for HDMS's Dart product. A successful candidate will be expected to: Gather and/or understand complex business and technical specifications for new projects, create a comprehensive testing scenario spanning multiple servers and environments, troubleshoot issues for existing features and newly added features, document both existing and new functionality, and collaborate with other developers. Day to day maintenance and support are required for this position
70838Fundamental Components: Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Create new functionality in Business Intelligence application (SAS/Dart)
- Develop reusable SAS programs to transform data into a formatted output (ETL, ELT)
- Design and develop solutions for three-tiered web applications
- Implement software design changes quickly and efficiently
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues including: SAS processes, Unix/Linux Operating Systems, Data Synchronization, Data Integrity, Application Server Technologies, Browser Compatibility and third-party software
- Modify existing software to work with new versions of third-party software
- Identify, document, refine and improve existing functionality
- Fully identify, explain, and correct issues with existing software
- Assist other developers and other groups in identifying and correcting issues with data and/or programming. Background Experience:
- 3 years professional experience in Software/Business Intelligence Application development
- 2 years of SAS Development especially SAS Macro Programming
- Experience with Shell scripting (Perl, Csh, Bash, Korn etc.)
- Strong Linux/Unix skills
- Experience working with Business Intelligence platforms (such as SAS Enterprise Guide, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau etc.)
- Ability to learn unknown languages and technologies quickly
- Ability to identify opportunities to maximize efficiency
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with development team as well as technical and non-technical coworkers
-3 or more years of Healthcare data, epidemiology or pharmaceutical industry analytic experience.
Strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills.
Demonstrated knowledge of health care data, metrics, systems and standards; demonstrated subject matter expert in multiple subject areas.
Able to make sound decisions and recommendations to drive business solutions
Additional Candidate Information
- Strong healthcare data analytics and business intelligence skills
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Proficient at writing code in a High-Level Language (C, C++, Java, R, Python, or similar)
- Experience with SAS SCL programming language
- Strong Object-Oriented Background
- Worked with source control systems and familiar with good development methodologies
* The location is Chicago, IL
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.