Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Release Train Engineer (RTE) - 66282BRPrimary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is an Agile Leader and Coach for the HDMS Agile Release Train. RTE is a master of the scrum masters, charged with clearing program level impediments and risks, finding and maintaining the right resources. The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate events, enable Agile processes and assist teams in delivering value. RTEs:
Communicate with stakeholders,
- impact and seeing the ‘big-picture’,
- Escalate impediments through appropriate channels,
- Help manage and mitigate risk, and
- Drive relentless improvement and maturity of teams.
- Help ensure value delivery
RTEs help to ensure comprehension and adherence to the Agile framework while simultaneously recognizing business impact, configuring SAFe to the organization’s needs, standardizing, documenting and communicating best practices.
The RTE manages train ceremonies and processes, assisting the train in achieving their commitments by building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
The RTE will facilitate the ART events, release planning, consistent processes improvement, driving ongoing efficiencies, issue and risk management, management escalation and working with other RTEs across Trains. RTE’s are accountable for ensuring transparency about the ART’s delivery, risks and accomplishments.
• Support preparation for and facilitation of Train meetings and processes, including Agile ceremonies and release planning activities; Facilitate PI Planning readiness via fostering the preparation of Backlogs and via Pre- and Post-PI cross-team and cross-train Planning meetings
• Establishes Program Increments calendar. Plans and facilitates the Program Increment planning event. Aggregates team objectives into Program PI Objectives and publishes for visibility and transparency
• Collaborates with other RTEs for resolving prioritization, conflicts and synchronization.
• Provides direction to the train handling all aspects of program planning, communications, issue resolution, cost tracking, financial planning and reporting
• Coach teams and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and thinking
• Support Agile coaching activities across program trains to elevate the application of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Fosters innovation with practices and frameworks through experimentation to improve program delivery
• Utilizes feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and partners with others to coach the program to continuously improve
• Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools, such as the Program Board, Kanban Boards and score cards
• Track and report on progress of epic, feature, costs, benefits etc. using appropriate tools (JIRA, etc.) Includes tracking and leading the epic and train budget; understand and operate within the ART Budget.
• Report planning results and epic status to senior management, business owners, epic owners, product owners, and other partners
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the train, department and/or business unit
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects
• Manage training and travel budget and spend through forecasting, team allocation and monitoring
• Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
• Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
• Lead the Agile Program Management Office (APMO) on program execution and operational excellence Background Experience: Additional Job Information: The location is office based in Chicago, IL.
No telecommuting Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.