Product Strategy Manager/Product Development(Local Markets & Commercial)Primary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
This role will be based in our Chicago office. This position is not an IT position.
At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness.
As a product manager, you’ll provide valuable, ongoing market insights for market leadership and set a product strategy that enables the local market to achieve their goals.
We’ll count on you to build strong relationships with the local market team, corporate business partners and marketplace that increase your awareness of emerging customer needs.
You’ll ensure the market has the right product mix that differentiates Aetna and helps our sales and account management teams win in the market.
And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
Conduct competitive & market analysis, incorporate consumer insights, understand/apply benefit mandates and collaborate with market leadership to formulate market specific portfolio strategy and plan designs that maximize competitive advantage, sales and earnings.
* Conduct competitive & market analysis, incorporate consumer insights, understand/apply benefit mandates and use this information to drive recommendations that maximize competitive advantage, sales and earnings
*Create data driven recommendations and drive consensus on product strategy that aligns with market goals and enterprise strategy
*Develop and maintain medical product portfolios for Aetna’s commercial business through a consultative, forward thinking approach with the local markets
* Design product portfolio to maximize competitive advantage, sales and earnings
* Articulate product and market expertise to all stakeholders in strategy and planning sessions, and day to day interactions
* Demonstrate expertise on federal and state specific EHB rules and regulations, including all state-specific rules pertaining to HCR and product in assigned states
* Effectively measure and communicate product performance; ensure we capitalize on greatest opportunity to maximum sales and earnings while simplifying our portfolio
* Enable product innovation by vetting new product concepts, facilitating dialogue to generate new ideas and raising those ideas for formal concept evaluation
* 6+ years of related health care industry experience required
* Consultative, forward thinking, strong negotiator
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Prior experience in medical product development and a detailed understanding of medical benefits required along with a financial understanding of profit, pricing and margin and how that is incorporated into the product strategy
*The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Products-Medical/All Aetna Standard Plans/4-6 Years
General Business/Communicating for Impact/ADVANCED
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/FOUNDATION
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.