Prod Mgmt/Dev Tech MgrPrimary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
Develop and maintain medical product portfolios for Aetnas commercial business through a consultative, forward thinking approach with the local markets. Conduct competitive & market analysis, incorporate consumer insights, understand/apply benefit mandates and collaborate with market leadership to formulate market specific portfolio strategy and plan designs that maximize competitive advantage, sales and earnings.
* Partner with the market and develop a market specific product strategy targeted at driving achievement of market and enterprise goals * Design product portfolio to maximize competitive advantage, sales and earnings * Create data driven recommendations and drive consensus on product simplification strategy * Lead market discussions to drive consensus on portfolio needs and timing * Articulate product and market expertise to all stakeholders in strategy and planning sessions, and day to day interactions * Demonstrate expertise on federal and state specific EHB rules and regulations, including all state-specific rules pertaining to HCR and product in assigned states * Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Aetna products/services/benefits/system capabilities * Effectively measure and communicate product performance; ensure we capitalize on greatest opportunity to maximum sales and earnings * Enable product innovation by vetting new product concepts, facilitating dialogue to generate new ideas and raising those ideas for formal concept evaluation
6+ years of related industry experience. * Consultative, forward thinking, strong negotiator * Strong communication and presentation skills * Prior experience in medical product development and a detailed understanding of medical benefits required along with a financial understanding of profit, pricing and margin and how that is incorporated into the product strategy
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Products-Medical/All Aetna Standard Plans/4-6 Years
General Business/Communicating for Impact/ADVANCED
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/FOUNDATION
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
- Customer Service Representative (Bilingual; Russian or Haitian Creole) New York, New York
- UM Nurse Consultant Arlington, Texas
- Customer Service Rep San Antonio, Texas
- Medical Economics Sr Dir Hartford, Connecticut
- VP, Head of Distribution Strategy & Enablement Hartford, Connecticut, Stamford, Connecticut, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Boston, Massachusetts, New York, New York
- Worker's Compensation RN Field Case Manager Registered Nurse Dallas Fort Worth CCM COHN CRRN CDMS Plano, Texas
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.