ParalegalPrimary Location: Chicago, IL
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
68104Fundamental Components: Under the direction and supervision of an attorney:
- Conducts legal research and assists counsel in interpreting and advising on state and federal laws, regulations, and other legal authorities impacting healthcare business units, including state insurance or HMO laws, Medicaid, ERISA, and HIPAA.
- Conducts investigative/fact-finding research and analysis regarding issues impacting healthcare business units (e.g., state/regulatory inquiries, provider/claim disputes/settlements, member appeals, etc.)
- Assists with interpretation of business/operational changes that may have regulatory impact, and assists with preparation of any associated regulatory filings.
- Assists counsel and other internal constituents with interpretation of company policy.
- Assists counsel in performing corporate governance functions for subsidiaries, including the drafting of agenda, minutes and other related documentation.
- Works closely with, and provides advice to, business partners and other internal stakeholders on legal and regulatory matters.
- Applies knowledge of laws/regulations, considers business goals, plans, and priorities, and collaborates with company-wide resources and personnel to assist in resolution of internal and external inquiries, issues, and disputes.
- For larger projects, may help develop or project-manage procedures, processes, or guidelines to support business units and to identify and implement ways to streamline practices and increase efficiency.
- May facilitate communications with outside counsel, regulators, and state agencies relating to issues impacting business units.
- Analyzes, summarizes, and/or drafts legal documents.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Legal research experience, preferably in health insurance or health care industry issues
- Demonstrated analytical ability, communications skills, judgment, integrity and organizational skills in managing cases, projects and assignments
- Demonstrated command or mastery of paralegal subject matter.
- Comfort in working in a team setting and juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- 5 to 10+ years of relevant legal and business experience, including demonstrated proficiency in specific practice area(s).
- Associate’s Degree and or Paralegal Certificate from an accredited ABA program preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.