Inbound / Outbound Queue AssociatePrimary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
Supports comprehensive coordination of medical services including intake, screening, and referrals to client Medical Service Programs. Promotes/supports quality effectiveness of Healthcare Services. Tracks claims under Medicare, and Managed Care.
- Performs intake of calls from members or providers regarding services via telephone, fax
- Utilizes Aetna system to build, research and enter member information
- Screens requests for appropriate referral to medical services staff
- Approve services that do not require a medical review in accordance with the benefit plan
- Performs non-medical research including eligibility verification, COB, and benefits verification
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements
- Promotes communication, both internally and externally to enhance effectiveness of medical management services
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality
- Communicate with Aetna Case Managers, when processing transactions for members active in this Program
- Supports the administration of the precertification process in compliance with various laws and regulations, URAQ and/or NCQA standards, where applicable, while adhering to company policy and procedures
- Places outbound calls to providers under the direction of Medical Management Nurses to obtain clinical information for approval of medical authorizations
- Uses Aetna Systems such as QNXT, ProFAX, ProPAT
- 2-4 years experience as a medical assistant, office assistant or other clinical experience.
- The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience
- Candidate will be required to work one weekend per month
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Department staff are team players and work together as a team and achieve all department goals. Friendly work environment.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.