Group Retiree Solutions, Sales Vice President - (62820BR)Primary Location: Chicago, IL
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
Medicare is a top growth area for Aetna as an enterprise and for the Government business. In 2020, the Group Retiree business will be responsible for over $12 billion in revenue with over 1 million Medicare Advantage members and over 1.2 million SilverScript members.
This position is an individual contributor senior sales role for the Group Retiree Solutions team primarily focused on Part D benefit solutions with a secondary focus on Medicare Advantage. This role responsible for new business sales which includes strategic prospecting and consultative selling to C-suite level buyers.
THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN ANY STATE.
64820Fundamental Components: Strategically analyze then approach target accounts. Profile employer/union targets, partner with consultants to penetrate new business opportunities, prioritize and qualify leads and build strategic relationships with clients. Be effective at developing strong external relationships at the C Suite level.
This role will primarily focus on identifying and selling standalone Part D (pharmacy) benefits. This role will have the opportunity to identify cross-sell opportunities with Medicare Advantage as well.
Create, maintain and strengthen strategic relationships with national benefits consulting firms and regional brokers tied to prospective opportunities
Contribute to and execute annual business plans with a focus on consultant strategy, proactive-target marketing and proactive-client engagement initiatives tied to new business opportunities
Lead all aspects of the sales process specific to client opportunities, calling upon others to assist in solution development and proposal delivery, as needed, or as directed by management
Develop prospect client go-to-market strategies, including identifying relevant client needs, prioritizes initiatives and establishes a clear plan for success.
Develop and promote effective internal cross organizational relationships and external market relationships in order to drive sales and exceed assigned sales quota
Participate in appropriate activities prior to sale to gain insight on client culture and begin building, maintaining and growing relationships with senior strategic key decision makers; actively engage strategic clients and consultant meeting events which lead to increased revenue
Identify, target and sell large group clients that offer retiree benefits that are not currently an Aetna Group Retiree customer
Meet with brokers, consultants and strategic clients to ascertain needs, present proposals and achieve targeted close rates
Develops weekly pipeline and engages specific sales pursuits internally and externally
Utilize knowledge of industry trends and regulatory environment to assess and anticipate client needs and requirements
- 8+years experience selling solutions in the healthcare industry, financial services industry and/or management consulting with large employer clients (Fortune 500)
- Proven success in exceeding sales targets in consecutive years
- 5+ years experience in developing and managing distribution channels
- Proven communications skills with senior level executives tied to client relationships
- This position requires a high level of professionalism, stellar communication skills, executive presence and ability to fully adopt our industry
- 8+ years experience in demonstrated sales and account management experience with large national accounts, preferably selling to C Suite clientele highly preferred
- Understanding of government programs, such as Medicare is not required but highly preferred
- Prior demonstrated sales and account management experience in health solutions is highly preferred
- Proven ability to establish, build and maintain C Suite level relationships where benefit decisions are made
- Strong self-starter with ability to develop and work an external pipeline at the C Suite level
- Demonstrated ability to conduct sales presentations and interact effectively with internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to create presentations and discussion guides that support strategic customer dialogues
- Must be a proven hunter in establishing new client relationships
- Comfortable with cold calling
- Excel in qualifying prospects, pipeline management, generating revenue, acquiring customers and meeting and exceeding sales quotas, metrics and goals
- Sales License: Must be able to obtain a life insurance license within 90 days from employment
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.