Contract AgentPrimary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago Apply
61046Fundamental Components: The Contract Agent:
- Negotiates contracts with clients in accordance with bswift standards.
- Leads assigned contract projects of a less complex nature by creating timelines, building contingency plans, executing corrective actions, communicating issues resolution, and identifying and utilizing key milestones, stakeholders, and resources needed to ensure timely and successful contract negotiations.
- Manages contract risks and issues and communications of such risks and issues to stakeholders.
- Ensures completion of projects and goals within identified service levels and time frames.
- Works with bswift Senior Contract Agents and bswift VP of Contracts to influence and change other’s behavior and advance team effectiveness to meet department goals.
- Implements process improvement solutions that strengthen accountability and promote effective risk management.
- Develops, utilizes, and contributes to all bswift Contracting team tools, such as alternative clause library, key client overviews, and templates to effectively manage job responsibilities and disseminate information regarding contractual rights, responsibilities, and obligations to sourcing and business areas.
- As required, verifies contract compliance and adherence to bswift policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with Senior Management, suppliers, and internal customers to maintain working relationships.
- Applies knowledge of contractual terms and conditions.
- Consistently performs the above tasks at a foundational or advanced level.
- Demonstrated experience managing client or procurement contracts with knowledge of contract best practices.
- Experience in client contracting or procurement contracting environment
- Proven track record as leader and team player.Experience managing diverse assignments and multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years prior contracts and project management experience (or reasonable equivalent such) highly preferred.
This position reports to bswift's VP of Contracts located in downtown Chicago at 10 S Riverside Plaza. Ability to work from the Chicago office is preferred, however telework options are available. Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.