Case Manager RNPrimary Location: Chicago, Illinois
Additional Locations: IL-Chicago, IL-Itasca, IL-Lincolnshire, IL-Rolling Meadows Apply
Develops,implements,supports, and promotesHealthServices strategies,tactics,policies, and programs thatdrive the delivery ofqualityhealthcaretoestablishcompetitivebusiness advantageforAetna.HealthServices strategies, policies, and programs are comprised ofutilizationmanagement,qualitymanagement,network managementand clinical coverage and policies.
Utilizesadvanced clinical judgmentand criticalthinking skills tofacilitateappropriate member physical healthand behavioral healthcarethroughassessmentand care planning,directprovider coordination/collaboration,and coordination ofpsychosocial wraparound services topromoteeffectiveutilizationofavailable resources and optimal,cost-effective outcomes.
There is a potential for work-at-home following a training period and proven productivity.
This position involves 50%-75% local field travel and requires a valid driver's license. The person in this role will support members in North/Northwest Chicago.
- Active and unrestricted State RN licensure required.
- 3+ years direct clinical practice experience required (e.g. hospital setting or alternative care setting such as ambulatory care or outpatient clinic/facility).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced, changing environment required.
- Proficiency with computer skills required, which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboarding.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Active IL driver's license required.
- Case Management and discharge planning experience preferred.
- Managed Care experience preferred.
- Utilization Review experience preferred.
- Crisis intervention skills preferred.
- Experience working with complex and/or behavioral health conditions preferred.Additional Job Information: Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment
Position requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboarding
Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Potential work at home with proven productivity
Ability to build daily schedule (during regular work hours) Functional Skills: Clinical / Medical - Disease management, Customer Service - Customer Service - Long Term Care, Medical Management - Medical Management - Case Management Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft PowerPoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN) Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 50 - 75% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.