Actuarial ManagerPrimary Location: Atlanta, GA
Additional Locations: CA-Concord, CT-Hartford, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, MA-Cambridge, MD-Bethesda, NY-New York, PA-Blue Bell, TX-Austin Apply
66865Fundamental Components: As manager on the commercial large group rating systems team, lead technical direct reports and utilize actuarial skills as an individual contributor and project manager to drive new products and functionality within our rating systems.
- Management of Resources- Lead/manage projects established to support goals identified in strategic and operating plans. Influence/motivate resources within and outside of direct control to complete projects.
- Scope of Decision Making Authority- Broad decision making authority typically tied to level of financial impact.
- Staffing/Personnel- Manage and perform all supervisory responsibilities for direct reports, including job coaching, performance management, and compensation determinations. Ensure access to appropriate tools, resources and training. Provide informal coaching for actuarial peers on team.
- Use of Technology- Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems. Stay apprised of technical innovations as potential solutions for actuarial issues and concerns.
- Development & Implementation- Oversee/manage the development and implementation of tools and models.
- Maintenance & Enhancements- Prioritize changes and enhancements to processes, tools and systems. Define staffing support and resource allocation.
- Business Specifications- Signoff on detailed business requirements for systems development.
- Testing- Review testing results for changes to processes, tools and systems.
Communication, Collaboration & Consultation:
- Constituent Focus- Leads interdepartmental teams to shape process and policy.
- Verbal & Written Communication- Address most complex inquiries. Have direct interaction with internal and external constituents. Maintain accurate documentation and manage training and user support for tools and processes.
Product & Business Knowledge:
- Pricing & Benefit Design- Oversee and recommend pricing enhancements for product and/or services. Understand and communicate financial impact on business plan to business unit management.
- Assumptions & Data Sources- Review work developed by staff from a business perspective and be able to defend work to senior management. Integrate understanding of internal and external data sources for quantifying risks.
- Programs, Policies & Processes- Apply knowledge of interdepartmental products, programs, processes and policies to resolve problems and issues.
- Regulatory Issues- Assure compliance with applicable regulations, laws and standards.
Background Experience: Bachelor's degree with 5+ years related experience. Must be an ASA or FSA and is typically a member of the American Academy of Actuaries (or other accredited actuarial organization) able to sign state rate filings and other required actuarial certifications.
- Large group pricing experience with knowledge of rating factor development and rating system functionality
- Experience setting project timelines and driving communication amongst stakeholders through project completion
- Advanced SQL skills with ability to investigate issues and develop solutions entirely in SQL preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access preferred
- This role is open to someone willing to work in any one of our hub locations or it can be a work-at-home for the right candidate.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.