At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
Field Case Manager (RN) - MedicalPrimary Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Additional Locations: NC-Charlotte Apply
60052Fundamental Components: Acts as a liaison with member/client /family, employer, provider(s), insurance companies, and healthcare personnel as appropriate. Implements and coordinates all case management activities relating to catastrophic cases and chronically ill members/clients across the continuum of care that can include consultant referrals, home care visits, the use of community resources, and alternative levels of care. Interacts with members/clients telephonically or in person. May be required to meet with members/clients in their homes, work-sites, or physician’s office to provide ongoing case management services.
Assesses and analyzes injured, acute, or chronically ill members/clients medical and/or vocational status; develops a plan of care to facilitate the member/client’s appropriate condition management to optimize wellness and medical outcomes, aid timely return to work or optimal functioning, and determination of eligibility for benefits as appropriate.
Communicates with member/client and other stakeholders as appropriate (e.g., medical providers, attorneys, employers and insurance carriers) telephonically or in person.
Prepares all required documentation of case work activities as appropriate.
Interacts and consults with internal multidisciplinary team as indicated to help member/client maximize best health outcomes.
May make outreach to treating physician or specialists concerning course of care and treatment as appropriate.
Provides educational and prevention information for best medical outcomes.
Applies all laws and regulations that apply to the provision of rehabilitation services; applies all special instructions required by individual insurance carriers and referral sources.
Testifies as required to substantiate any relevant case work or reports.
Conducts an evaluation of members/clients’ needs and benefit plan eligibility and facilitates integrative functions using clinical tools and information/data. Utilizes case management processes in compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures. Facilitates appropriate condition management, optimize overall wellness and medical outcomes, appropriate and timely return to baseline, and optimal function or return to work. Develops a proactive course of action to address issues presented to enhance the short and long-term outcomes, as well as opportunities to enhance a member’s/client’s overall wellness through integration. Monitors member/client progress toward desired outcomes through assessment and evaluation. Background Experience:
• Minimum of three years’ case management experience (required for NCM role, preferred for all other areas).
• 5 years clinical practice experience (required for NCM role only).
• Ability to travel within a designated geographic area for in-person case management activities
• Bilingual preferred
• Knowledge of laws and regulations governing delivery of rehabilitation services.
• Job-specific technical knowledge, (e.g., knowledge of workers compensation and disability industry for workers’
compensation case managers or case management).
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently (may require working from home).
• Proficiency with standard corporate software applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well
as some special proprietary applications.
• Effective computer skills including navigating multiple systems and keyboarding Education: Learning - Certified Diabetic Educator, Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN) Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 75 - 100% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health hero Q&A
This Aetna nurse helps new moms overcome opioids.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Supervisor Claims San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Account Manager Chicago, Illinois
- Director Network Management and Provider Experience (60271BR) San Diego, California
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.