Justice System Administrator - WV MCDPrimary Location: Charleston, WV
Additional Locations: WV-Charleston, WV-Clay, WV-Hurricane, WV-Ripley, WV-Winfield Apply
The Justice System Administrator is the single point of contact to communicate with the court and justice systems and Acute Care Contractors, including interaction with Mental Health Courts, Drug Courts, Family Courts and other jail diversion programs; and is the interagency liaison with the legal entities such as the State Department of Corrections (DOC), County Jails, Sheriff’s Office, Correctional Health Services, State Office of the Courts, Probation Departments, Legal Aid and Public Defenders Office.
64905Fundamental Components: - Identify plan members who are incarcerated and involved in the justice system. The members may have civil and/or criminal legal needs to address within the system. (This comes from various sources, such as daily incarceration report, court calendars, or communication with SMI clinics, Department of Corrections (DOC), attorneys, and Correctional Health Services (CHS) contacting Justice Liaison regarding initial arrest and coordination of care for member.)
- Collaborates with adult and minor corrections and other internal teams to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Oversees the justice’s system service delivery system consistent with the state.
- Oversees the design and implementation of the integrated delivery programs [Behavioral Health (BH), physical Health (PH) and Social Determinants of Health (SDoH)] to ensure the needs of adults and their families in the justice system are met.
- Ensures collaboration with the justice system.
- Coordinates with members of various State agencies to ensure that programs developed reflect the goals and values of the Justice System Administrator.
- Develops and implements practice adjustments and policy and procedure revisions.
- Provides training and support internally and externally in effort to provide continuous improvement and increase knowledge of the intermingled systems.
- Establishes a positive organization and company image within the state and county justice system.
- Participates in shaping state integrated system of care and resolving issues and challenges identified.
- Establishes and maintains on-going relationships with community organizations and contract stakeholders.
- Ensures that the integrated (BH, PH and SDoH) care needs of members are well served.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing relationships with key agencies, providers, physicians, hospitals, advocacy groups and State officials.
- Collaborates with state entities and associations such as the State Bar Association. Creates effective organizational structure, roles and jobs. Background Experience: - 2+ years of experience in public sector, managed behavioral health care.
- 5+ years of experience in the justice/court system/law enforcement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the state Medicaid Managed Care market, regulations, practices and behavioral health system strongly preferred.
- Candidate should be a resident of the State of WV.
- The minimum level of education desired for candidates in this position Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional Job Information: Are you ready to join a company that is changing the face of health care across the nation? Aetna Better Health of West Virginia is looking for people like you who value excellence, integrity, caring and innovation. As an employee, you’ll join a team dedicated to improving the lives of our members. Our vision incorporates community-based health care that works. We value diversity. Align your career goals with Aetna Better Health of West Virginia, and we will support you all the way. Required Skills: Benefits Management - Encouraging Wellness and Prevention, Benefits Management - Maximizing Healthcare Quality, Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts Desired Skills: Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Consulting for Solutions Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft SharePoint, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.