Senior Software ArchitectPrimary Location: Chantilly, VA
Additional Locations: NY-New York, VA-Chantilly Apply
Join Aetna Digital in transforming health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development road map and execution of the road-map. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
This role would require EXCELLENT coalition building skills, solid technical knowledge up and down the stack, great communication skills, and the ability to design restful application APIs.
Is this you?
• A highly motivated self-starter who is passionate about software and technology
• Strong communicator with ability to tailor message to audience
• Collaborates with stakeholders, including business, product, and UX team members to influence the application data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
• Experienced with various types of software architectures including Microservice architecture
• Loves working with best of breed technologies (cloud, high throughput event processing, data analytics, etc.)
• Takes a disciplined approach to software development and problem solving
• Passionate about technology with a high technical aptitude
• Works in an Agile SDLC
• Participates in high-level estimation
• 7-10+ years of recent and related experience
• Experience with design and development of complex systems; including requirements analysis, estimation, implementation and testing
• Experience defining architecture roadmaps and realizing their vision
• Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as Java, Python, Node.js, messaging queuing infrastructures, as well as cloud infrastructure and services
• Experience with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching
• Experience designing RESTful APIs that map the user experience into back-end functionality
• Experience/knowledge with CI/CD
• Experience with SAFe Software Development Principles a plus
• A proven track record of working as part of a team on large architectural projects
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Health care (HSA/FSA/Hybrid), dental, vision benefits, PTO
• $200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill, pet adoption
• Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
• Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.