Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
.Net Software EngineerPrimary Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Additional Locations: VA-Chantilly Apply
Aetna Digital AHM is looking for a Software Engineer (.Net) with a full stack web application development experience. As Software Engineer you are expected to build front end and backend components. You will be part of a team that is motivated to deliver quality products.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
- Be part of Agile SCRUM team that is delivering web and server components
- Experience of full stack development front end (MVC) to backend (Web API/Stored Procedures)
- Built automated tests to validate customizations
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Be a constant learner and would bring in breath of fresh air within team
- Participates in planning poker for story (or feature) sizing, and is able to articulate size
- Ability to partner with cross functional teams to deliver team goals
- Deliver code (and unit tests) that meets requirements, within time with focus on quality
- 5 or more years programming experience with Microsoft technologies and web application development (.Net development using MVC, Web API and C# technologies )
- Must have experience with automated unit testing using mock frameworks (Moq or equivalent)
- Exposure to UI test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, Specflow, Gherkin, Jasmine, Protractor and Mocha Continuous Delivery would be added plus
- Must have expertise in C#, ASP.Net (Framework 3.5+), OO Programming, XML, XSL, HTML, Web API, ADO or ADO.Net
- Experience with SQL Server database technologies (TSQL/SSIS/DTS) is essential
- Solid understanding about Agile methodology is essential
- Must have experience with source control tools such as TFS/Git/SVN
- Experience of working on a Multi-Tier Application Architecture is essential
- Prefer to have experience with static and dynamic code analysis tools such as Sonar Cube/Checkmarx
- Prefer 1 year experience working with a firm in the health care industry
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
As a Software Engineer (.Net), you will be part of a high performing SCRUM team that delivers on commitment as well as knows how to have fun. You will learn from team and will help other team members learn.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.