Case Manager RNPrimary Location: Chantilly, VA
Additional Locations: VA-Chantilly Apply
25-50% of travel required around Northern Virginia.
The Clinical Care Manager utilizes advanced clinical judgment and critical thinking skills to facilitate appropriate physical and behavioral healthcare and social services for members through assessment and member-centered care planning, direct provider coordination/collaboration, and coordination of psychosocial wraparound services to promote effective utilization of available resources, optimal member functioning, and cost-effective outcomes. Please note that this position will require routine and frequent field-based travel to member locations.
67298Fundamental Components: Fundamental components include, but are not limited to:
Assessment of Members:
- Through the use of clinical tools and review of member specific health information/data, conducts comprehensive assessments of referred members needs/eligibility and, in collaboration with the members care team, determines an approach to resolving member issues and/or meeting needs by evaluating the members benefit plan and available internal and external programs/services and resources.
- Applies clinical judgment to the incorporation of strategies designed to reduce risk factors and barriers and address complex clinical indicators which impact care planning and resolution of member issues.
- Using advanced clinical skills, performs crisis intervention with members experiencing behavioral health or medical crisis and refers them to the appropriate clinical and service providers for thorough assessment and treatment, as clinically indicated. Provides crisis follow up to members to help ensure they are receiving the appropriate treatment/services.
- Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care
Background Experience: Qualification Requirements:
- An RN required (unrestricted VA state license)
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical practice experience (hospital setting, alternative care setting such as home health, or ambulatory care) required.
- Must have the ability to support the complexity of members' needs, including face-to-face visitation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, navigating multiple systems and keyboarding required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment required.
- Strong documentation skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- 1+ year of experience working with people who would meet Medicaid criteria required
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to travel in the field required (25-50% local field travel).
- Case management and discharge planning experience preferred.
- Managed Care experience preferred.
- Crisis intervention skills preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources and provider networks preferred.
- Familiarity with local health care delivery systems preferred.
- Behavioral Health experience preferred.
- Previous experience conducting face-to-face care management is preferred. Additional Job Information: Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectationsWork requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor.Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer.Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environmentPosition requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboardingEffective communication skills, both verbal and written. Required Skills: Benefits Management - Encouraging Wellness and Prevention, Benefits Management - Maximizing Healthcare Quality, Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts Desired Skills: Benefits Management - Encouraging Wellness and Prevention, Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, Technology - Leveraging Technology Functional Skills: Nursing - Case Management Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.