At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
Case Manager Nurse (RN-Behavioral Health)Primary Location: Chantilly, Virginia
Additional Locations: VA-Chantilly Apply
25-50% of travel required around Northern Virginia.
The Clinical Care Manager utilizes advanced clinical judgment and critical thinking skills to facilitate appropriate physical and behavioral healthcare and social services for members through assessment and member-centered care planning, direct provider coordination/collaboration, and coordination of psychosocial wraparound services to promote effective utilization of available resources, optimal member functioning, and cost-effective outcomes. Please note that this position will require routine and frequent field-based travel to member locations.
69132Fundamental Components: Assessment of Members:
- Through the use of clinical tools and review of member specific health information/data, conducts comprehensive assessments of referred members needs/eligibility and, in collaboration with the members care team, determines an approach to resolving member issues and/or meeting needs by evaluating the members benefit plan and available internal and external programs/services and resources.
- Applies clinical judgment to the incorporation of strategies designed to reduce risk factors and barriers and address complex clinical indicators which impact care planning and resolution of member issues.
- Using advanced clinical skills, performs crisis intervention with members experiencing behavioral health or medical crisis and refers them to the appropriate clinical and service providers for thorough assessment and treatment, as clinically indicated. Provides crisis follow up to members to help ensure they are receiving the appropriate treatment/services.
- Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care Background Experience: Qualification Requirements:
- 3+ years of clinical practice experience required
- An active and good standing RN license is required
- 2+ years of behavioral health experience required
- Must have the ability to support the complexity of members' needs, including face-to-face visitation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, navigating multiple systems and keyboarding required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment required.
- Strong documentation skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Ability to travel in the field required (25-50% local field travel).
- Case management and discharge planning experience preferred
- Managed Care experience preferred
- Crisis intervention skills preferred
- Knowledge of community resources and provider networks preferred
- Familiarity with local health care delivery systems preferred
- Previous experience conducting face-to-face care management is preferred Additional Job Information: Typical office working environment with productivity and quality expectations Work requires the ability to perform close inspection of hand written and computer generated documents as well as a PC monitor. Sedentary work involving periods of sitting, talking, listening. Work requires sitting for extended periods, talking on the telephone and typing on the computer. Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively adapt to a fast paced changing environment Position requires proficiency with computer skills which includes navigating multiple systems and keyboarding Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Required Skills: Benefits Management - Encouraging Wellness and Prevention, Benefits Management - Maximizing Healthcare Quality, Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts Desired Skills: Benefits Management - Applying Life Cycle Intelligence, Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, Technology - Leveraging Technology Functional Skills: Nursing - Case Management Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse (RN) Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 25 - 50% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.