At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our more than 4,000 nurses are central to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include helping members stay well, manage health conditions, and access the right care at the right time. As you do this, we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful nurse? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
- Results Driven
- Technology Savvy
- Detail Oriented
- Good Listener
- Open Minded
- Team Player
Paid Time Off & Disability
A1A Proactive Clinical Advocate - Registered Nurse (RN)Primary Location: Chandler, Arizona
Additional Locations: AZ-Chandler Apply
Required hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm with potential for occasional evening shift rotation.
Aetna One Advocate (A1A) is a fully integrated population health and customer service solution for large plan sponsors. Our embedded customer-dedicated service and clinical pods allow maximization of inbound and outbound touchpoints to solve members’ needs and create behavior change. Our data analytics, white-glove service and end-to-end ownership of member support creates a trusted partner in health. We are the premiere service and clinical offering for Aetna nation-wide and create industry-leading solutions for our customers and members.
The Proactive Clinical Advocate is part of a dedicated team of clinical and service professionals empowered to take care of all aspects of a member’s health. Proactive Clinical Advocates are responsible for providing personalized member support including coordination of health care services, decision support, benefits support, and education on specific gaps in care. Proactive Clinical Advocates conduct outbound engagements to help the member and family maximize benefits and easily navigate the health care system. The Clinical Proactive Advocate provides the member with a powerful & proactive experience through high touch, personalized communications designed to help the member achieve their health ambition.
- Facilitate the ongoing coordination and delivery of health care services to enhance a member’s health, wellness and achieve quality outcomes
- Assist with effective use of health care benefits, access to available programs/services and determining steps to achieve health ambitions
- Drive effective benefit utilization by supporting care coordination between providers and proactively educating members on opportunities to enroll in health management programs.
- Conduct proactive outreach to at risk members and leverage available data to identify actionable health needs
- Establish early partnership with members by actively listening and using motivational interviewing skills to obtain information regarding the plan of care, provide support for member-specific situations, and discuss in-network resources or offer additional assistance from across A1A
- Effectively engage members using omni-channel communication mechanisms (phone, email, chat, text, IM)
- Develop a personalized plan with member based on their health ambition and communication preferences
- Serve as single point of contact for the member and enrolled family
- Holistically assess members needs and collaborate with treating providers, vendor partners and other Advocate team members to formulate care plans and coordinate services
- Develop personalized, creative solutions to help members meet their health care needs
- Assist members to prioritize health goals to achieve positive outcomes and health ambitions.
- Build strong, trusting relationships by fully understanding the members needs and goals
- Serve as a mentor and advisor to more junior Proactive Team roles, collaborating and coaching through clinical questions
- 3+ years’ clinical practice experience in an acute care setting required
- RN with current, unrestricted licensure in state in which work is being done required
- Experience in case management, discharge planning and/or home health care preferred
- Willingness to obtain RN licensure in other states as needed
- BSN or equivalent experience preferred
- Demonstrates highly developed communication and people skills
- Ability to engage and interact easily with diverse groups of individuals
- Strong listener, empathetic and supporting
- Ability to strategically influence member next steps by understanding health ambition and assessing all factors that could impact member health & well-being
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in fast-paced, deadline-drive environment
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing demands and environment
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to service; accountable for actions and issues resolution, responsive to customer needs
- Team player collaborates with co-workers and vendor partners to deliver best in class service
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Requires proficiency with computer skills including keyboarding and navigating multiple systems
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Must be able to work in office setting with extended periods of time sitting, talking on telephone and typing on computer
Health hero Q&A
This Aetna nurse helps new moms overcome opioids.
2018 Most Admired
Aetna named one of Fortune's most admired companies
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Network Manager/Contract Negotiator Portland, Maine, Burlington, Massachusetts, North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Waltham, Massachusetts, Bedford, New Hampshire, Concord, New Hampshire, Stratham, New Hampshire
- General Mental Health/Substance Use Services Coordinator Phoenix, Arizona
- Sr. Sales Executive Falls Church, Virginia, Washington D.C., District of Columbia, Linthicum, Maryland
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.