A1A Health Coach - DietitianPrimary Location: Chandler, AZ
Additional Locations: AZ-Chandler Apply
Standard business hours are required Monday-Friday.
What is A1A?
Aetna One Advocate is Aetna’s premier service and clinical offering for Aetna nation-wide and creates industry-leading solutions for our customers and members. The model is a fully integrated population health and customer service solution for large plan sponsors high-touch, high-tech member advocacy service which combines data-driven processes with the expertise of highly trained clinical and concierge member services. Our mission is to meet each member at every aspect of their health care journey. Our embedded customer-dedicated service and clinical pods allow maximization of inbound and outbound touchpoints to solve members’ needs and create behavior change. Our data analytics, white-glove service and end-to-end ownership of member support creates a trusted partner in health. This is an exciting time to join Aetna a CVS Health company in our journey to change the way healthcare is delivered today. We are health care innovators.
68591Fundamental Components: Assessment of Members:
- Through the use of clinical tools and information/data review, uses knowledge and experience of nutrition and diet planning to conduct comprehensive evaluation of member's nutritional status and risks.
- Utilizes assessment techniques to determine member’s level of health literacy, technology capabilities/access, and readiness to change.
Enhancement of Medical Appropriateness and Quality of Care:
- By assimilating health/nutritional assessment data analysis, establishes a plan of care based on member’s health status/risks, education, and support needs.
- Partners with members to identify opportunities for integration into available internal/external programs.
- Using holistic approach, consults with supervisors or others to overcome barriers with assisting members in meeting goals and objectives.
- Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels.
- Utilizes influencing/motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum member engagement and promote lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health.
-Utilizing interviewing and active listening skills, provides nutritional coaching, information and support to empower the member to make ongoing independent healthy lifestyle choices.
- Interprets and utilizes clinical guidelines/criteria to positively impact members health.
-Provides up-to-date information to help facilitate the member’s understanding of his/her health status.
-Helps member actively and knowledgably participate with their provider in healthcare decision-making.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation of Care:
-Develops and monitors established nutrition plans, in collaboration with the member and/or attending physician, to meet the member’s goals.
-Utilizes internal policy and procedure in compliance with regulatory and accreditation guidelines.
Background Experience: - Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration required
- Must will be willing to obtain licensure as needed in states where members reside with CVS supporting the cost of required licensure
- 3+ years of coaching experience required
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications such as Excel and Access required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people, use good judgment in challenging situations
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team required
- Experience in facilitating patient/client positive behavioral change required
- Background in motivational interviewing, active listening skills, Transtheoretical Model, mindfulness based and other evidence-based coaching techniques preferred.
- Experience in related areas such as weight management, nutrition or health lifestyle behavior change. required
- Experience in disease management preferred
Required Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Technology Experience: Operating System - Windows Education: Nursing - Registered Dietitian (RD) Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.