Provider Relations Consultant - 60547BRPrimary Location: Champaign, IL
Additional Locations: IL-Champaign Apply
- Optimizes interactions with assigned providers and internal business partners to establish and maintain productive, professional relationships.
- Monitors service capabilities and collaborates cross-functionally to ensure that the needs of constituents are met and that escalated issues related but not limited to, claims payment, contract interpretation or parameters, and accuracy of provider contract or demographic information are resolved.
- Supports or assists with operational activities that may include, but are not limited to, database management, and contract coordination.
- Performs credentialing support activities as needed.
- Educates providers as needed to ensure compliance with contract policies and parameters, plan design, compensation process, technology, policies, and procedures.
- Meets with key providers periodically to ensure service levels are meeting expectations.
- Manages the development of agenda, validates materials, and facilitates external provider meetings.
- May collaborate cross-functionally on the implementation of large provider systems, to manage cost drivers and execute specific cost initiatives to support business objectives and to identify trends and enlist assistance in problem resolution.
- Conduct standard provider recruitment, contracting, or re-contracting activities and assist with more complex contracting and discussions as needed by business segment.
- May provide guidance and training to less experienced team members.
- 3+ years' experience in business segment environment servicing providers with exposure to benefits, claims and/or contract interpretation.
- 3-5 years' experience with business segment specific policy, benefits, plan design and language preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, problem resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of business segment specific codes, products, and terminology.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
#LI-DI1 Additional Job Information:
Servicing providers with their unresolved issues by researching and issues to determine the necessary steps for resolution of the issue within the terms of the providers contract while protecting the member.Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.