Social WorkerPrimary Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Additional Locations: IA-Cedar Rapids Apply
- Responsible for the comprehensive management of members with acute or chronic conditions.
- Case management activities will focus on quality of care, compliance, outcomes and decreasing costs.
- Responsible for developing and carrying out strategies to coordinate and integrate all acute and long-term care services to members to prevent exacerbations and/or placement of the members in custodial care.
- Performs initial and periodic assessments of the members enrolled in the Long-Term Care Program and/or case or disease management programs.
- Applies case management concepts, principles and strategies in the development of an individualized case plan for enrolled members in case or disease management that are at risk of poor outcomes.
- The case plan addresses the member’s broad spectrum of needs.
- The case planning process includes the following actions: assessment, goal setting, establishing interventions related to goals, monitoring success of the interventions, evaluating the success of the overall case plan and reporting outcomes.
- Conducts regular discussion and updates with providers, primary care physicians, Medical Directors, pharmacists, and care management staff regarding the status of particular patients.
- Serves as a member advocate to ensure the member receives all of the necessary care allowed under the member’s benefit plan.
- Understands healthcare reimbursement methods that promote the provision of cost effective healthcare and the preservation of member benefits.
- Utilizes community resource expertise and alternate funding arrangements available to plan members when services are not available under the benefits program.
- Develops new programs as appropriate to reduce admissions for acute and chronic members and assist with decreasing inpatient lengths of stay, and preventing avoidable emergency room utilization.
- Develops relationships with hospital social workers and community resources to assure appropriate care management of catastrophic, acute, and chronically ill members.
- Assists in the identification and reporting of potential quality improvement issues.
- Responsible for assuring these issues are reported to the appropriate department.
- Directs social work interventions including coordinating the distribution, collection, and evaluation of personal health questionnaires to eligible clients, performing psychosocial assessment of the populations, telephone follow-up and in-home or facility assessments as indicated, documentation of problems, assessments, and/or interventions, and promoting ease of access to a continuum of care through appropriate information and referral.
- For employees providing disease management for Medicaid members, this role is also responsible for implementing and coordinating case management activities related to the use of community resources and behavioral health issues.
- Provides psychosocial interventions through resource identification, program development, and other means.
- May serve in a consultative role to other health care professionals.
- Assists with securing community resources and facilitates transportation as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as required.
Complies with all state requirements in the state where job duties are performed.
Ability to travel locally as required (10-25%).
Bachelor's or Master's degree must be in Social Work where required by state law Additional Job Information: Knowledge of the regulations, standards, and policies which relate to social work practice.Knowledge of individual and group behavior and inter-relationships among social, economic psychological and physical factors.Extensive knowledge of community resources.Thorough knowledge of casework and group work principles, practices, and methodology. Required Skills: Benefits Management - Maximizing Healthcare Quality, General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Desired Skills: Finance - Managing Aetnas Risk, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance, Service - Handling Service Challenges Functional Skills: Medical Management - Medical Management - Case Management Technology Experience: Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Education: Mental Health - Licensed Clinical Social Worker Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.