Sr. UX Researcher - 61026BRPrimary Location: Burlington, MA
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital strategy and all digital products; as well as the development roadmap and execution of the roadmap. A key part of this team is to build an integrated platform and underlying products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness.
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
The Senior User Experience Researchers is expected to build strong collaborative partnerships and be a thinking partner to product and design, as well as evangelize and educate about User Experience Research across the product, design and engineering organizations. This role will identify and execute research to provide maximum value for new initiatives.
This role supports the lifecycle of the digital product and is responsible for planning and conducting user experience research from foundational research to usability tests.
The Senior User Experience Researcher is also responsible for finding compelling and creative ways of evangelizing research methods and insights discovered from research.
- Plan and execute research projects from beginning to end: Intake, plan, conduct and analyze user research
- Analyze the scope of research requests and develop an appropriate research plan based on the available resources
- Plan and execute generative research (e.g. ethnography, contextual inquiry, qualitative surveys, literature reviews). Generative research conducted in the field and remotely.
- Plan and execute evaluative user research (e.g. usability, tree tests, card sorts, first click tests)
- Plan and execute product validation research
- Design and deliver research reports and readouts for a wide variety of internal partners
- Develop user personas and journey maps
- Maintain and grow knowledge repository
- Translate user research findings into strategic and tactical recommendations
- Evangelize and educate about user experience research throughout the organization
- Create and foster collaborative partnerships across the organization
- Coordinate and plan research with research partners (e.g. online remote testing and usability lab)
- 5 + years of experience in UX Research
- Passion for creating consumer-centered product designs and cross-functional team collaboration
- Excellent facilitation skills to engage cross-functional teams
- Drive to constantly learn new and developing research and analysis methods
- Storytelling and persuasion techniques to evangelize research, build empathy for users and trust with partners
- Expert in qualitative User Experience Research methods; familiarity with quantitative research methods
- Ability to develop and present research results to review with cross-functional organization for review and feedback
- Mentoring other researchers
- Experience with online remote research tools (e.g. UserZoom, UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshop)
- Experience working in Agile software development process, SAFe Framework a plus
- Experience working in enterprise environments
- A Bachelor’s in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human- Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction, or related field. Working experience of the equivalent accepted as well
Additional Job Information:
Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 6% of your 401(k) contributions!
Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
Gym / Showers
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
$200/yr towards wellness - gym membership, fitbit, treadmill
Up-to 5K a year toward tuition reimbursement
Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.