Sr User Experience Researcher - 71101BRPrimary Location: Burlington, MA
Additional Locations: MA-Burlington Apply
Aetna is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of its customer facing digital assets. This effort will include a completely new approach to developing software within Aetna, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes. Aetna Digital is a newly formed startup like business unit within Aetna, which will design, build and deliver a completely new and integrated digital experience for our users.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
71101Fundamental Components: But we need help! We're looking for an experienced Senior UX Researcher (located in our Burlington, MA Office) with a mastery of craft and a track record of delivering positive outcomes to consumers. You will be responsible for building out the research practice within our new Health Cloud initiative. As a member of Aetna Digital Design you'll join a team of multidisciplinary team of world class designers who are hard at work developing powerfully simple answers to complex design problems and who are helping re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe for generations to come.
The Senior User Experience Researchers is expected to build strong collaborative partnerships and be a thinking partner to product and design, as well as evangelize and educate about User Experience Research across the product, design and engineering organizations. This role will identify and execute research to provide maximum value for new initiatives.
This role supports the lifecycle of the digital product and is responsible for planning and conducting user experience research from foundational research to usability tests.
The Senior User Experience Researcher is also responsible for finding compelling and creative ways of evangelizing research methods and insights discovered from research.
- Plan and execute research projects from beginning to end: Intake, plan, conduct and analyze user research
- Analyze the scope of research requests and develop an appropriate research plan based on the available resources
- Plan and execute generative research (e.g. ethnography, contextual inquiry, qualitative surveys, literature reviews). Generative research conducted in the field and remotely.
- Plan and execute evaluative user research (e.g. usability, tree tests, card sorts, first click tests)
- Plan and execute product validation research
- Design and deliver research reports and readouts for a wide variety of internal partners
- Develop user personas and journey maps
- Maintain and grow knowledge repository
- Translate user research findings into strategic and tactical recommendations
- Evangelize and educate about user experience research throughout the organization
- Create and foster collaborative partnerships across the organization
- Coordinate and plan research with research partners (e.g. online remote testing and usability lab)
- 5 + years of experience in UX Research
- Passion for creating consumer-centered product designs and cross-functional team collaboration
- Excellent facilitation skills to engage cross-functional teams
- Drive to constantly learn new and developing research and analysis methods
- Storytelling and persuasion techniques to evangelize research, build empathy for users and trust with partners
- Expert in qualitative User Experience Research methods; familiarity with quantitative research methods
- Ability to develop and present research results to review with cross-functional organization for review and feedback
- Mentoring other researchers
- Experience with online remote research tools (e.g. UserZoom, UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshops
- Experience working in Agile software development process, SAFe Framework a plus
- Experience working in enterprise environments
Education / Certifications
- A Bachelor’s in Cognitive Science, Statistics, Human- Psychology, Computer Science, Computer Interaction, or related field. Working experience of the equivalent accepted as well
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.